News Amanda Ribas vs Tracy Cortez Flyweight December 3

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both of them are not hot to be fair.

Ribas looks better because she is more natural.

Cortez has fake eyelashes and a ton of makeup.
I'd give Hibas a solid 7.75. She's cute, has a nice smile and is genuine. She's like x-rays. Good in small doses, but too much can be a negative.

Cortez... I'm not trying to bash her, but her eyes are really far apart and she wears too much makeup. Her eyes aren't very attractive at all. Not even gonna touch the tat. I'd give her a 5.5 She's got a weird looking face.

I'd give Hibas a solid 7.75. She's cute, has a nice smile and is genuine. She's like x-rays. Good in small doses, but too much can be a negative.

Cortez... I'm not trying to bash her, but her eyes are really far apart and she wears too much makeup. Her eyes aren't very attractive at all. Not even gonna touch the tat. I'd give her a 5.5 She's got a weird looking face.

She looks like she is always high.

Battle of the most overrated lookers in WMMA

Pic of Cortez for reference.

4LxJFtH.jpg
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Man Amanda looks terrible in those pics but

Wood

Cortez a 5??!!

GTFO!!!

She’s crazy hot

I'd love to see Ribas win -- she is one of my favorite women fighters. I just feel that she is better suited for 115. I think she is more complete than Cortez, but I can see Cortez landing on top and maintaining top control and chipping away to win a decision. I feel that Ribas also doesn't always have the best strategy. We will see though -- I'm really looking forward to this and am hoping for some nice scrambles.

Cortez should the size advantage and wrestling should cancel out Rivas’s BJJ.

However Ribas does have the striking advantage especially at distance. The real question is can Cortez get her TDs.

I lean toward yes. So I think she takes it but it will be close

Cortez should the size advantage and wrestling should cancel out Rivas’s BJJ.

However Ribas does have the striking advantage especially at distance. The real question is can Cortez get her TDs.

I lean toward yes. So I think she takes it but it will be close

Ribas strikes so wild. I think she is active and that's good, but she's easy to hit.

I've had my eye on this one for a while (and no, not [just] for the reasons everyone else has). I think it's harder to call than it appears at first glance.

A lot of people are saying that Cortez is untested compared to Ribas, which is true to an extent. It's worth noting that she actually holds a win over Erin Blanchfield back in Invicta (close Split Decision, but still) and she legitimately over-performed against fellow blue chip prospect Gatto -- someone that many people thought would be a tough stylistic match-up for her.

Ribas is certainly the more polished striker of the two and if the fight stays standing for any real length of time I expect her to pull decisively ahead. That having been said, can Amanda keep it there? Yes, she shows an 88% takedown defense rating in the UFC. But who's the best grappler she's fought? Randa Markos? Mackenzie Dern? Virna Jandiroba? Frankly I wouldn't consider any of those women "elite wrestlers" at 115 but Virna is by far the best of the three in terms of the stats at 2.31 takedowns per 15 minutes at 38% accuracy... and Ribas arguably should have gotten a Draw against her considering how bad that first round was. Cortez, on the other hand, lands 2.80 takedowns per 15 minutes at 48% accuracy and she is the naturally larger woman.

I'm not saying Tracy necessarily takes this -- I'll have to reassess closer to the fight and Ribas has shown a lot of good stylistic trump cards to her style in the past -- but I think she has a decent chance.

Both of them are not hot to be fair.

Ribas looks better because she is more natural.

Cortez has fake eyelashes and a ton of makeup.
seriously, the eyelashes are unforgivable. WMMA out here trying to be taken seriously and she's wearing them - not in the club on weekends or whatever, but into the octagon to literally get punched in the face. don't make no damn sense

Back