Amanda Nunes says Cris Cyborg 'knows she’s going to lose again,' wants rematch

Who wins the rematch?

• Nunes

• Cyborg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure why the Lioness is barking up this tree, money I guess.

Cyborg has the tools to beat Nunes. She has a good chin and pretty good cardio for her size. She could wear Nunes out imo and beat her up late. This is especially true if Nunes pushes too hard for another early finish. That said, Nunes probably finishes her again.

I would love to see this rematch happen and soon, can’t say it’s gonna go any different, Nunes is still gonna come in and throw bombs and if she lands those she will drop cyborg again, I don’t see Cyborg being able to avoid it for long enough to finish Nunes

I will pick Nunes in rematch, and hope they make this fight again. Their first fight was one of the most exciting 51 seconds in WMMA history!
Fixed your typo. You're welcome.

If you are not a a child, why are you acting like one? Infantile name-calling, presuming to know what is going on in Amanda's head when you do not, typing in all capitals in another childish version of shouting, and if you never read me, how did you possibly respond to me? And you had to read to respond to my thread.

And then you call me stupid?

And trying to argue in a poorly grasped second language while ranting like a child? Particularly when I was talking to someone else yet - again - you do not read me? Childish lying as well.

Wow.

Back on ignore.
Stop being obvious, I never read you until now - I know that you know and you know that you know it, but you prefer being a sly lol, pathetic - was thinking if you can talk about fallacies - and accuses me doing the exact same fucking thing, that's why I called you stupid because you didn't even notice - maybe you could be a little more articulated, but all this bullshit came and I changed my mind. What arguments my friend, talking about your wife being USPIANA and athlete, and because of that she knows more about Amanda? That's it, another fallacy - that no ones gives a shit if she studied in USP or Uninove? No one fucking cares, my english is understandable, not perfect I know, but I'm Brazilian and I don't give a shit, but... I am better graduated than your wife light-years and I don't need to say it to you or anyone else trying to convince them of something - again, stupid. Come on, you can trick people here but not me. Go away with your tergiversation, here you cannot.

Again, you can ignore me if you want, I don't give a shit and I will not do the same, like I didn't with any other here. Again, this is childish, ridiculous. "Mi mi mi, I disagree then I ignore", "he can't talk shit but I can and then I'll start pretending that I'm not"... Grow up, will ya.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure i had Nunes the 1st time, and i'll take her again. She's got the speed/strength/grappling advantages on her side. She also already beat the most legit strikers and grapplers in her divisions. Black belt in bjj, brown in judo, and hits like a truck

it's fighters who talk like A-Man-da who end up getting beaten when you least expect it.
IIRC, most of her competition was less than stellar. I can very easily be wrong about this and am certain people will be quick to point it out. I know her clinch work is not impressive, as she did not do all that well against Holly, who was controlled and taken down in the clinch by the smaller Shevchenko. Yes, this is MMA math, but I never recall seeing much in the way of technique en it comes to the cage from Cyborg, regardless of circumstance.

Okay, I have found a video of her winning the worlds at purple, but her competition was at least one woman who, well, could have dropped three weight classes with no muscle loss.

I am looking around for records of her competition but I do not follow bjj that closely so do not really know where to look.
I think it was worlds and not adcc.

And also trains with Cobrinha.

I also think she grapples with Tito who is a very underrated grappler.

she doesnt use it often but she does have take downs and brute strength.

FaithfulShyDogfish-size_restricted.gif
I also believe in her (well, I believe in whoever hits the first big punch, the first time around was Nunes), but this supplex seems overly staged, i.e. promotion of an incoming event.

Kinda curious who would be supplexed that way just for promotion.

Cyborg couldn’t do any worse.

Hopefully she drops the old school Wanderlei Silva windmill imitation. We could’ve seen a better fight the first time around.

In public cyborg asked for a rematch, and Nunes said no, or not for 2 years or whatever.

Now they're claiming that it was the opposite?

Nunes is a pressure fighter. Cyborg has never faced an opponent willing to pressure her and who isn't terrified of her. I think the second fight lasts longer but ultimately Nunes will have her hand raised

She wasn’t the pressure fighter in the first match though..

nunes is a beast but i really wonder if she will win if cyborg trys to use her ground game. Dont get me wrong, i love the lioness but shes shown to be a bit of a front runner when the going gets tough. If you stand up with her she will knock your head into the third row...defending ground and pound and take downs could change the fight....

Cyborg though, she more than just looks like wand, she fights like him too. A simple leg kick got her to throw her whole game plan out the window last time. Lol, nunes will probably spark her again.
A leg kick would not have had the same effect on wand. Dont know WHAT your implying.

Cyborg waded in aggressively. Zero technical ability. Zero clinching to use her size. I favored her in the first fight and with hopefully a smarter gameplan would still favor her.

Cyborg couldn’t do any worse.

Hopefully she drops the old school Wanderlei Silva windmill imitation. We could’ve seen a better fight the first time around.
So wanderlei silva impressions were strange before the fight w nunes???

I think Chris beats Nunes technically, all she has to do is not rush in and she will win.
I know these things.
I'm right almost 50% of the times I make a prediction.<Lmaoo>

Bad match up for Chris, I called it the first time, straight fast accurate punches always beats hooks.

Cyborg made the mistake, of being coerced into a brawl once Nunes stunned her. If she fights smart, like her performance vs Holm, she definitely has a chance of outboxing Nunes..
Cyborg willl always be coerced into a brawl its in her nature

Back