Amanda Nunes says Cris Cyborg 'knows she’s going to lose again,' wants rematch

Who wins the rematch?

• Nunes

• Cyborg

Results are only viewable after voting.
I see... You are like those ones who praise Chael for being "troll" when he is being retarded. Maybe you need to read and understand the points correctly. Amanda cursed Cyborg after her win, said to wait 2 years then all of a sudden she says Cyborg is fighting another girl first. This is what really happened, if you understand another thing you are absolutely crazy. And I'm Brazilian, I can assure you Amanda was not trolling, she is retarded and we all know that. You can't talk about what you don't know. Now, Cyborg is a good and true person.
See, how I know you didn’t listen to the Nunes interview/read the transcript. So, you don’t have bad comprehension, just lazy and biased. Nunes actually laughed when she said that, because she was joking about Cyborg’s complaints about “having to wait a year for the fight.” It was 9 months. Cyborg is a non stop complainer.

I think if Cyborg doesn't go full Cody Garbrandt again she has a good chance of winning.

This begs the question of how good is Cyborg's ground game, though? It is not as if she has been polishing it against elite grapplers in MMA.
pretty decent - she won adcc trials a few years back and trains with Cobrinha fairly often.

After Edmonton no one will be interested in this rematch, Nunes better still make the same offer to defend FW vs Fee.

No, again, Nunes is only pretending. She knew what she said no one liked and now is trying to change the rhetoric, but THAT'S the real Amanda. She is not a troll, believe, she really speaks her mind like Cyborg, the difference is Cyborg is true and Amanda is retarded. I understand you could not like Cyborg but you can't compare both, Cyborg is much more woman than Amanda, Amanda thinks shit and expresses shit. Amanda needs marketing management and Cyborg not (both have of course, but Amanda REALLY needs it to know what to say, to not talk shit), and the reason is because of this.

Oh please. Cyborg talked so much shit on Nunes, then as soon as she loses, she goes back to being the eternal victim. If anybody needs PR help, it’s Cyborg, and step one is getting rid of that loser Ray Elbe who acts as a mouth piece for her.

Cyborg deserves whatever shit she gets from Nunes, because she brought it upon herself in the lead up to the fight. Talk shit, get hit.

Finally, lol at Cyborg being more woman than anyone, except maybe her BFF Gabi.

pretty decent - she won adcc trials a few years back and trains with Cobrinha fairly often.

IIRC, most of her competition was less than stellar. I can very easily be wrong about this and am certain people will be quick to point it out. I know her clinch work is not impressive, as she did not do all that well against Holly, who was controlled and taken down in the clinch by the smaller Shevchenko. Yes, this is MMA math, but I never recall seeing much in the way of technique en it comes to the cage from Cyborg, regardless of circumstance.

Okay, I have found a video of her winning the worlds at purple, but her competition was at least one woman who, well, could have dropped three weight classes with no muscle loss.

I am looking around for records of her competition but I do not follow bjj that closely so do not really know where to look.

Last edited:
Oh please. Cyborg talked so much shit on Nunes, then as soon as she loses, she goes back to being the eternal victim. If anybody needs PR help, it’s Cyborg, and step one is getting rid of that loser Ray Elbe who acts as a mouth piece for her.

Cyborg deserves whatever shit she gets from Nunes, because she brought it upon herself in the lead up to the fight. Talk shit, get hit.

Finally, lol at Cyborg being more woman than anyone, except maybe her BFF Gabi.
Lol, whatever... Your Cyborg hating is blinding you. I'm not a hater of Amanda, just to be clear, I'm only bringing facts about her. She is cool on the most times, but when she talks shit she really thinks all of that. I mean, this is a part of her and Cyborg never, never had this kind of shit inside. Just facts, but you can think what you want.

Lol, whatever... Your Cyborg hating is blinding you. I'm not a hater of Amanda, just to be clear, I'm only bringing facts about her. She is cool on the most times, but when she talks shit she really thinks all of that. I mean, this is a part of her and Cyborg never, never had this kind of shit inside. Just facts, but you can think what you want.
Cyborg talking shit on Amanda even before the fight was made official is well documented. You're letting your fandom blind you of the truth, not me.Unlike you, I listened to the interview where Amanda talked about "two years." It was tongue in cheek. As for who has more fans in Brzil, well, if they prefer a weight bully who calls bantamweights who wont move up in weight to fight her cowards, that says a lot about Brazilian fight fans.

Cyborg talking shit on Amanda even before the fight was made official is well documented. You're letting your fandom blind you of the truth, not me.Unlike you, I listened to the interview where Amanda talked about "two years." It was tongue in cheek. As for who has more fans in Brzil, well, if they prefer a weight bully who calls bantamweights who wont move up in weight to fight her cowards, that says a lot about Brazilian fight fans.

I clicked on "see ignored content" when I should not have. Again. I double checked with my wife since it has been a while since I have been down there. She disagrees with the troll you are responding to. "It is a false claim about Amanda, not shared by other Brazilians and Cyborg is more controversial." My wife (Brazilian and former professor of the University of Sao Paulo and athlete herself) states that there is no way to accurately measure their relative popularity and the person who says "we all know" is not only making a false argument from authority, but is substituting his opinion for general knowledge. She also stated (yeah, I should not have asked) that anyone using the term "retarded" even once, let alone multiple times, is someone not worth talking to because they have disqualified themselves from rational conversation. She also stated that he cannot possibly know what Amanda is thinking and he is simply projecting.

I guess she did not much like his posts.

Edited to add: you see his response to me, not worth replying to any more. Anyone who acts like that because someone disagrees with them is not worth talking to.

Last edited:
Major props to Amanda if she actually gives her a rematch, she is not obligated but if she does I will have a whole new respect for her.

That said, I honestly dont think she will win that rematch, that first fight went about as well as it could have for her, everything lined up perfectly and I doubt that happens again.

But really, that's the only WMMA fight I can get excited about, I hope they run it back.
Agreed on all points. Why not do a rematch? It’s by a wide margin the lost exciting fight at that weight class.

I clicked on "see ignored content" when I should not have. Again. I double checked with my wife since it has been a while since I have been down there. She disagrees with the troll you are responding to. "It is a false claim about Amanda, not shared by other Brazilians and Cyborg is more controversial." My wife (Brazilian and former professor of the University of Sao Paulo and athlete herself) states that there is no way to accurately measure their relative popularity and the person who says "we all know" is not only making a false argument from authority, but is substituting his opinion for general knowledge. She also stated (yeah, I should not have asked) that anyone using the term "retarded" even once, let alone multiple times, is someone not worth talking to because they have disqualified themselves from rational conversation. She also stated that he cannot possibly know what Amanda is thinking and he is simply projecting.

I guess she did not much like his posts.
About the "retarded", was not the better word to describe, but already explained about. About your wife being an "USPIANA" (she knows what it is) and an "athelete herself" doesn't change Amanda thinks shit and talks shit, and Cyborg not. You are accusing me of using a fallacy and you are using another one - stfu stupid - about your wife that no one gives a SHIT. You can ignore me, I don't give a shit either, I never read you anyways. I won't ignore you, I'm not a child.

Last edited:
Nunes was impressive because Cyborg fought like a moron with low fight IQ. Let Cyborg use her size and grappling advantage. The longer the fight goes the better chances for Cyborg.

Just don't be dumb and trade punches at the start of the fight. Go berserker once you land a good shot and have a chance to follow up on a hurt fighter.

About the "retarded", was not the better word to describe, but already explained about. About your wife being an "USPIANA" (she knows what it is) and an "athelete herself" doesn't change Amanda thinks shit and talks shit, and Cyborg not. You are accusing me of using a fallacy and you are using another one - stfu stupid - about your wife that no one gives a SHIT. You can ignore me, I don't give a shit either, I never read you anyways. I won't ignore you, I'm not a child.

If you are not a a child, why are you acting like one? Infantile name-calling, presuming to know what is going on in Amanda's head when you do not, typing in all capitals in another childish version of shouting, and if you never read me, how did you possibly respond to me? And you had to read to respond to my thread.

And then you call me stupid?

And trying to argue in a poorly grasped second language while ranting like a child? Particularly when I was talking to someone else yet - again - you do not read me? Childish lying as well.

Wow.

Back on ignore.

Last edited:
I have never considered Cyborg to be elite, she is a big fish in a super-small pond. She essentially had a career of beating over-matched opponents who had little chance.. and then seeing Nunes win by just swinging overhands, begs the question: how good was Cyborg? Cyborg sparred with Shields and doesn't know how to move her head lmao.

The Lioness will make Cris shit in the cage. All those memories will flood back when Amanda hits her the first time.

I have never considered Cyborg to be elite, she is a big fish in a super-small pond. She essentially had a career of beating over-matched opponents who had little chance.. and then seeing Nunes win by just swinging overhands, begs the question: how good was Cyborg? Cyborg sparred with Shields and doesn't know how to move her head lmao.

Not good at all. She has only fought six women who have not fought lighter than 145, three of whom have zero wins. Six of her opponents have fought at 125. To fight this "elite" competition she has come in heavy four times, failed two drug tests and been caught tampering a weigh-in scale.

Cyborg finally has to respect power.
I think she can swallow her pride... use her full skillset and win the rematch

what ground game? I have never seen cyborg wrestle. she has decent defensive wrestling..but that's about it. or that's all I've ever seen in fights.
yeah, i'm curious about this as well.

Cyborg has a punchers chance. Thats it.
Nunes has more power, is a better technical MMA striker and also has kicks.

Back