Amanda Nunes says Cris Cyborg 'knows she’s going to lose again,' wants rematch

Who wins the rematch?

• Nunes

• Cyborg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hespect. Would watch again.

she doesnt use it often but she does have take downs and brute strength.

FaithfulShyDogfish-size_restricted.gif

1_medium.gif

2_medium.gif

Cris Cyborg Suplexes way to Gold Medal Mundials (BJJ Worlds) 2011^

just because we havent seen her use her wrestling and ground game recently doesnt mean she has one. I aboslutley think she can, im not saying she will, break her will like cat did.

that supplex on the guy was in practice and the guy let her do it...other times, she simply got locked up with her opponent and took her down..but you will almost never see her go for a takedown..and nunes is a bjj black belt..not very likely...cyborg is a stand up fighter...always will be.

this rematch would be slower and no brawling. borg would try to make it technical. would probably go to a 5 round decision.
i'd prefer a prolonged beating to cyborg like luke gave weidman, but tapping borg would be great too

that supplex on the guy was in practice and the guy let her do it...other times, she simply got locked up with her opponent and took her down..but you will almost never see her go for a takedown..and nunes is a bjj black belt..not very likely...cyborg is a stand up fighter...always will be.

im well aware. it was a show of her strength..are you ignoring the bjj worlds video or the in fight clip? are you implying she cant take nunes down if she wanted to? im curious if you actually think that. i already said shes a stand up fighter and probably couldnt change who she is...but shes strong enough and has the skills to get the fight to the ground if she wanted to.

I think Borg wins the rematch.

She severely underestimated her.

This is the only non-hot WMMA fight I'd actually watch.

Going to be a different type of a fight. Cyborg was caught with her underwear down, never faced a chick that could hit her back that hard, mentally never faced that kind of adversity. Strategy, preparation, mental resolve is going to be on another level, so I expect Chris to give Nunes a real fight. The first fight was the most intense wmma fight I've ever seen, so I would look forward to this rematch. Think Cyborg has a very good chance of winning a rematch, her boxing is more technical and as long as the gameplan is in order, and she avoids some bombs, she can beat Nunes in later rounds.

im well aware. it was a show of her strength..are you ignoring the bjj worlds video or the in fight clip? are you implying she cant take nunes down if she wanted to? im curious if you actually think that. i already said shes a stand up fighter and probably couldnt change who she is...but shes strong enough and has the skills to get the fight to the ground if she wanted to.

here's the thing...while she may be "capable" of taking nunes down...that is not how she fights...while in a bjj contest, she has to fight that way...there is no striking..but the moment striking becomes available, that is what she will use. there have been many fighters that have a wrestling back ground, that are purely standup fighters...if cyborg chose to try and take nunes down..who knows what would happen...would she be able to keep nunes down? probably not for long.

Didn't she say she won't give her a rematch until 2 years or something like that ?

Whats up with the change in her attitude <Dana05>

Cyborg's greatest trait is her ability to hit way harder than the women she fights. nunes hits harder than Cyborg. Her grappling is nothing special as shown by Holly.

Nunes will fuck her up again and she knows it. Probably why she didn't want the first fight to happen as well.

id like to agree but do you really think cyborg and fight camly vs a girl who kod her the entire fight? one good shot, maybe even a leg kick again is likley to send her into brawl mode. Shes way to slow to brawl with nunes. Cyborg seems to kind of have a little cody G in her style.....she just doesnt always fight girls who can knock her the fuck out
Ok but Cyborg also possesses the power to change the momentum with one well placed strike.

If Nunes can find a way to beat her again I’ll admit I was wrong, but I still see Cris as the superior overall fighter who got caught by a heavy handed striker.

i think cybro will enter the 2nd fight with a decent game plan but get baited into another brawl after getting smacked around a few times. brawl again, and get ko'ed again.

Major props to Amanda if she actually gives her a rematch, she is not obligated but if she does I will have a whole new respect for her.

That said, I honestly dont think she will win that rematch, that first fight went about as well as it could have for her, everything lined up perfectly and I doubt that happens again.

But really, that's the only WMMA fight I can get excited about, I hope they run it back.
Yeah, Cyborg went out to brawl with her after she got tagged. I don't know who wins that rematch, although we know Nunes has the power to put her away.

Cyborg made the mistake, of being coerced into a brawl once Nunes stunned her. If she fights smart, like her performance vs Holm, she definitely has a chance of outboxing Nunes..

True, i think Cyborg could hang with Claressa Shields in boxing training

Whole different level of course, but none-the-less impressive

Amanda Nunes is trolling... Serious. She said 2 years for a rematch, then now all of a sudden "she will fight Spencer first". Make me laugh. She thinks we all are dumb.

She needs to rematch Cat and Alexis.

Don't pursue the goals you've already knocked out in no time.

Alexis who ran to flyweight, and Cat who can’t buy a win? Some losses just aren’t worth the time and effort to avenge.

Amanda Nunes is trolling... Serious. She said 2 years for a rematch, then now all of a sudden "she will fight Spencer first". Make me laugh. She thinks we all are dumb.

So you think she was serious about the two year thing, but think she’s now trolling? LMFAO. Stop reading snippets taken out of context, listen to that interview, and get a clue.

if they rematch and cyborg trades with nunes, the same result is likely going to happen...nunes hits just as hard or maybe harder than cyborg and nunes was able to take her shots, yet cyborg kept getting rocked when hit clean.

My guess is, it will take one punch to rock or stun cyborg and then nunes will go in for the kill again, cyborg can only retreat which won't work because nunes will stalk her down throwing bombs to try and get the finish, so cyborgs only other option is take her down and try and do some damage via gnp or submission.

If cyborg doesn't get suckered into a slugfest and uses better fight IQ and game plan and try to get nunes down, do damage and maybe weaken her cardio, that may be enough to take some power out of her punches and slowing her down, allowing cyborg to win on the scorecards by outboxing and using td's, unless she's able to get the finish.

would be nice to see cyborg win, then there's a possible third match if the ufc wanted to pursue that idea.

Back