• Nunes

• Cyborg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eater of Souls

Guardian of the Gate
@Silver
Reaction score
Wants a rematch soon after UFC 239:

LOS ANGELES – Usually, when a fighter knocks out another fighter in under a minute, the victor isn’t in much of a rush to granted the vanquished a rematch.

Amanda Nunes isn’t like other fighters, however. And for that matter, neither is Cris Cyborg.

Nunes scored a stunning 51-second knockout of Cyborg in their fight at UFC 232. The result was Cyborg’s first loss since 2005, and by adding what had been Cyborg’s featherweight title to her bantamweight crown, Nunes became the first women’s champ-champ in UFC history.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/06/amanda-nunes-wants-cris-cyborg-rematch-after-ufc-239

nunes is a beast but i really wonder if she will win if cyborg trys to use her ground game. Dont get me wrong, i love the lioness but shes shown to be a bit of a front runner when the going gets tough. If you stand up with her she will knock your head into the third row...defending ground and pound and take downs could change the fight....

Cyborg though, she more than just looks like wand, she fights like him too. A simple leg kick got her to throw her whole game plan out the window last time. Lol, nunes will probably spark her again.

Major props to Amanda if she actually gives her a rematch, she is not obligated but if she does I will have a whole new respect for her.

That said, I honestly dont think she will win that rematch, that first fight went about as well as it could have for her, everything lined up perfectly and I doubt that happens again.

But really, that's the only WMMA fight I can get excited about, I hope they run it back.

Cyborg made the mistake, of being coerced into a brawl once Nunes stunned her. If she fights smart, like her performance vs Holm, she definitely has a chance of outboxing Nunes..

Major props to Amanda if she actually gives her a rematch, she is not obligated but if she does I will have a whole new respect for her.

That said, I honestly dont think she will win that rematch, that first fight went about as well as it could have for her, everything lined up perfectly and I doubt that happens again.

But really, that's the only WMMA fight I can get excited about, I hope they run it back.

id like to agree but do you really think cyborg and fight camly vs a girl who kod her the entire fight? one good shot, maybe even a leg kick again is likley to send her into brawl mode. Shes way to slow to brawl with nunes. Cyborg seems to kind of have a little cody G in her style.....she just doesnt always fight girls who can knock her the fuck out

She needs to rematch Cat and Alexis.

Don't pursue the goals you've already knocked out in no time.

nunes is a beast but i really wonder if she will win if cyborg trys to use her ground game. Dont get me wrong, i love the lioness but shes shown to be a bit of a front runner when the going gets tough. If you stand up with her she will knock your head into the third row...defending ground and pound and take downs could change the fight....

Cyborg though, she more than just looks like wand, she fights like him too. A simple leg kick got her to throw her whole game plan out the window last time. Lol, nunes will probably spark her again.

This begs the question of how good is Cyborg's ground game, though? It is not as if she has been polishing it against elite grapplers in MMA.

I will pick Nunes in rematch, and hope they make this fight again. Their first fight was one of the most exciting 51 seconds in MMA history!

I think Nunes is that good. She has Cyborgs number, expect a rematch to be similar to first fight.

Cyborg got starched in under a minute by the first girl she fought who can actually punch.

Lioness via TKO

what ground game? I have never seen cyborg wrestle. she has decent defensive wrestling..but that's about it. or that's all I've ever seen in fights.

nunes1.png

The only problem is UFC would have to re-sign Cyborg for this fight to happen

what ground game? I have never seen cyborg wrestle. she has decent defensive wrestling..but that's about it. or that's all I've ever seen in fights.

she doesnt use it often but she does have take downs and brute strength.

FaithfulShyDogfish-size_restricted.gif

1_medium.gif

2_medium.gif

Cris Cyborg Suplexes way to Gold Medal Mundials (BJJ Worlds) 2011^

just because we havent seen her use her wrestling and ground game recently doesnt mean she has one. I aboslutley think she can, im not saying she will, break her will like cat did.

Nunes is a pressure fighter. Cyborg has never faced an opponent willing to pressure her and who isn't terrified of her. I think the second fight lasts longer but ultimately Nunes will have her hand raised

1st fight was easily the most entertaining in WMMA history. And I definitely think Cyborg has a chance if she doesn't go into Cody Garbrandt mode. Reel in the aggression a little and she can win. Run. It. Back!

Back