Am I the only one who would rather see Jones/Gus instead of Jones/Cormier fight?

So, by your criteria, what would be a compelling fight, and whm are the other LHW do you think Cormier can't handle?

If Cormier's HW resume isn't enough for you to get excited about him fighting Jones, I don't know what would. It's almost the same level of intrigue as Jones moving up to HW.

I haven't been this pumped for a fight for a few years.

You are alone in this TS. This fight for me is the biggest in years, probably the biggest ever in UFC.

I'm just glad TS is getting out and spending time with a friend, because he sounds depressed as hell if he is an mma fan and isn't interested in watching this fight.

I'll have my eyes glued to the screen. You kidding? With all the buzz surrounding this fight, all the discussions/polls/coverage it's gotten. There's no way not even you can pretend you'll be sitting this one out.

Yes, you are the only one not excited about this fight except for maybe Gus since he wanted it for himself.

This fight will be the single most significant event in human history.

Youre not the only one ts.

Ive said it in other threads, i think this will go like jones/shad and that was not a very exciting fight. Add the fact that i could care less about either of these fighters and it amounts to just another hyped fight that will go down in the books as another snoozer.

You kiddin me? This fight is what mma is all about. An undefeated champion vs an undefeated challenger both destroying everyone in their paths(minus gus for jones). This is THE fight at the moment. Cormier is going to shock you if you do not think he is up for the task.

The feud behind it does nothing for me. I could care less if they hate each other.

It's the fact that 2 of the best LHW's are fighting and that is plenty enough.

Title edit since I could care somewhat....

Am I the only one who would rather see Jones/Gus instead of the Jones/Cormier fight?

Both fights I want to see, but here is the reality:

Jones already (slightly) beat Gus.
Jones hasn't beat Cormier

Add to the fact that Jones had an off day against Gus. Not sure if it was injury or not, but the TD was literally not a factor in the fight. Against Cormier I expect him to be 100%. One thing about Jones is that the bigger the fight, the sharper he is

TS sounds like a disgruntled MMA fan. Perhaps are you just becoming tired of the sport.

Claiming there are only two possible outcomes... is audacious. Maybe betting would add some excitement since you seem to know what will happen ?

I work hard for my income, hence I don't gamble it away...

The only sure thing are death and taxes, neither worth betting on since both have ultimately what would be a bad and predictable outcome

Ahh, TS is a Gus fan... it all makes sense now as to why he started a thread saying that he isn't excited for this fight.

Even if the fight isn't action packed, i'll still be impressed just to see who can control what aspects and how close or distant their skills in certain areas are.

After 3rd of January everyone will understand that. Gustaffson is the only challenge for Jones in this division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back