Am I the only one who would rather see Jones/Gus instead of Jones/Cormier fight?

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I am going to watch the fight because a friend invited me over for the PPV, I would not buy the card if I didn't have a place to watch it for free. To me it seems as the Zuffa marketing machine is basically hyping this matchup as the best LHW title fight ever... I'm just not buying it, while we know Jones is the known elite commodity at LHW, Cormier has not faced top competition at 205 (I'm a big Hendo fan BTW). The difference in speed, skill and most of all cardio between 205 and HW is a huge gap, enough that this fight could be a one sided affair. My gut tells me it will be competitive, however I see the fight going possibly one of two ways. Either a few failed takedowns of JBJ followed by a systematic dismantling of Cormier at range, or a 5 round grinding fight that is competitive leading to controversial decision followed by an insta-rematch. Either fight scenario really doesn't interest me to the point of paying $60 for the card. That being said, this fight is only delaying the fight I really want to see, Jones/Gustaffson 2 (a fight we all know should be a barn burner).

Anyone else feel as though this matchup isn't as interesting as Zuffa is telling us it is?

Also, In b4 I get called "not a real fight fan"

Last edited:
Since pretty well everyone on this forum cares a lot about this fight, I'd say it's possible that everyone "could care less".

Come on. This is INVIGORATING. Crispy start to MMA in 2015.

Last edited:
xii2z.gif

UFC doesnt need to hype this fight. It works on its own.Contrarian hipster thread.

Unfortunately, I'm expecting a pretty boring fight in which Jones will jab and kick his way to a UD. Will watch, though.

I could understand people complaining about the fights under the top 2 fights but don't understand why somebody wouldn't be hyped for DC/JBJ.

I'm interested in it, but the Steelers are playing the Ravens that night, so I'll be missing the fight.

Jones may destroy Cormier like he destroyed a few LHW legends. even if he does, you're still dismissing Cormier more than you should.

and many believe he won't.

so that's fine, you've made up your mind what's going to happen. gee, i bet you've never done that and been wrong before.....

well, i know you've done that before and been wrong. but my guess is, like gamblers who only remember their winnings, you choose to forget those times you *knew* what would happen in an mma bout and were wrong.

well guess what? that's why they have the contest. because what is supposed to happen often doesn't.

but fuck all that. i suggest you skip the fight entirely. who cares that your friend is buying it. it'll suck. don't go.

Last edited:
Yeah your probably the only one. I'm sure 99.84% of all mma fans are excited for this match up. DC hasn't faced top lw comp but he's beaten top hw comp so... I don't really see your point.

Unfortunately, I'm expecting a pretty boring fight in which Jones will jab and kick his way to a UD. Will watch, though.

As dynamic as they both are, the only way I could see it being remotely boring would be a grinding affair from Cormier. Even that happening to jones however, would be pretty engaging.

I think most people here would be at least moderately interested in this fight if it received no hype at all. Even if I hated both fighters, I would still be interested in the outcome. I don't really know how an MMA fan couldn't be.

Back