Am I the only one who would rather see Jones/Gus instead of Jones/Cormier fight?

I have never in my life felt as alone as the TS is right now.

TS sounds like a disgruntled MMA fan. Perhaps are you just becoming tired of the sport.

Claiming there are only two possible outcomes... is audacious. Maybe betting would add some excitement since you seem to know what will happen ?

Can't stand Jones, but watch his fights every time. I'm probably watching just to see him get beaten, but always interested

This....

Will Cormier completely outclass JBJ by slamming him and putting on a grappling clinic? doubtful

Will Cormier be able to take down JBJ down at will and maintain top control throughout the fight? doubtful

Will Cormier be successful by GNPing or submitting JBJ enroute to a finish? doubtful

Will Cormier have the gas tank to use lateral movement for 5 rounds impeding JBJ from setting up to use his range and making it competitive? Possible, but unlikely.

Will Jones be able to use range to keep Cormier at bay and pick him apart? Possible and most likely outcome.

Will the last scenario lead to a disappointing fight because it's been done to every LHW Jones has faced minus Gus? Yes.....

Sorry if I'm pessimistic, just also being realistic

then bet big. bet fucking HUGE. and post your betting slip. or admit you're full of shit.

IF you're a big fan, and IF you are SO FUCKING SURE of your opinions that you don't even want to bother watching the fight to find out, then there is no 3rd option.

I would say you are in the minority and it's a small minority at that. This is basically 2 undefeated dominant fighters fighting each other. By far both fighters most intriguing fight to date.

Other than the failed Aldo-Pettis fight I can't think of a fight I've looked forward to this much in the last year.

7686956jgjgj5.gif

I could understand people complaining about the fights under the top 2 fights but don't understand why somebody wouldn't be hyped for DC/JBJ.

This.

If this fight doesn't excite you, can you list some possible upcoming fights that do?

Aside from GSP vs Funky Ben, this is as good as it gets for me!

Why are you here if you're not pumped for this fight?

Most of the recent championship fights were either relatively one-sided or rematches. This fight can go either way and both fighters are technically undefeated. Of course, I am excited.

This is probably the most competitive match-up in UFC history.

If you know any concept of UFC greatness, you SHOULD care about this fight.

One of the best matchups in a long time IMO. I think you are mistaken about Cormier and should watch more of his fights. Regardless of him being at LHW he is an elite lifelong wrestler that has great cardio and damn decent standup. I think he will surprise everyone and get the win by either KO/TKO or submission.

I can't recall the source, but some nice statistically-minded sherdogger in the past posted a chart showing win/loss rates based purely on reach advantage. In the smaller ranges (0-4") it has only a marginally effect on chances to win a bout.

By the time you're at 8 inches or more the longer reach having fighter wins 66% of the time. This doesn't mean taller, longer fighters automatically win (see Stefan Struve for details), but Jones is very good at using his reach and has a massive reach advantage.

If they are technically and athletically on par with one another Jones will win this fight two out of three goes based purely on his reach advantage.

That being said I literally have no idea who is going to win this. It's a coin toss, imo.

Am excited to see this style matchup

Don't believe the zuffa hype about how great this matchup is in terms of dc's awesomeness

Back