Am I the only one who would rather see Jones/Gus instead of Jones/Cormier fight?

I agree, I am a fan of DC but rather watch Gus go at JJ again see what happens, still rooting for DC to slam em but JJ is to good IMO Cain, JDS, and werdum have a better chance at beating Jones imo

Initially I wanted the Jones/Gus rematch because I thought it needed to happen. After cancellations and all the crap that went down I have to say I'm jacked up for this fight. Glad it's happening now and it has nothing to do with anything Zuffa has done.

After 3rd of January everyone will understand that. Gustaffson is the only challenge for Jones in this division.

You'd think, but as one poster eluded to, Jones had an off night, he was injured, the dog ate his gameplan, also Gus posted a once in a lifetime performance that would rival the 80 men's olympic hockey team. Yet most posters think Cormier is the Jedi to bring down the evil Jones/Jackson/Winklejohn empire

1. Cormier is far more worthy

2. What if Gus wins? You shouldn't have two guys finish a title trilogy while both in their 20s.

1. Cormier is far more worthy

2. What if Gus wins? You shouldn't have two guys finish a title trilogy while both in their 20s.

And more to the point, especially shouldn't have a trilogy that quickly if champ won the first one. We know if Jones loses it will be immediate or at most 1 win to rematch.

Nah, I'd rather see that fight too. I think cormier is going to beat jones, which is going to fuck up gustafsson. The mauler and jones had some unfinished business, and that bitch jones has been ducking him for a while now.

If you really are so convinced that Jones wins, the betting odds should look attractive to you. Jones is -155 at the moment (bet $155 to win $100), I'm not sure the last time he was in this odds range but it was a while ago.

TS is what you would call a hipster MMA fan...

Jones vs Gus already happened. I don't believe a rematch would go any better for Gus.

I would've been more excited for Jones/Gus if Jones and DC didn't fight at the media day not gonna lie. It was close before though.

Jones vs Gus already happened so we've already gotten the "gist" of what their fight looks like, Jones vs DC is unknown, exciting and more anticipated due to that fact, undefeated vs undefeated, plus the hype behind it.

I've been excited for Jones vs DC for a couple years now! Theres been a slow buildup to this fight since DC came to the UFC and even before that quite honestly.

I agree TS, Cormier is good, but I think Gus is a tougher match for Jones than Cormier, i hope both Jones and Gus win the respective fights so they can meet again

You'd think, but as one poster eluded to, Jones had an off night, he was injured, the dog ate his gameplan, also Gus posted a once in a lifetime performance that would rival the 80 men's olympic hockey team. Yet most posters think Cormier is the Jedi to bring down the evil Jones/Jackson/Winklejohn empire

lmao, pretty much sums up most sherdogger's thinking

One of the best put together fights in UFC history.

TS is what you would call a hipster MMA fan...

Considering that my being a fan of MMA predates Zuffa, weight divisions and even Pride FC, I'll politely disagree.

Back