Am I racist because I'm proud of my ancestory?

This is racism.

Foxx: "I kill all of the white people in the movie (enthusiastic applause). How great is that?"

Fascinating. And why do Black, Mexican, Korean, etc say they are proud to be X?

1.- Black has historically been considered a bad thing, by saying im proud to be a bad thing you are literally embracing that by which people have mocked you therefore you become immune to criticism.

Its like that quote from game of thrones

Tyrion: Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Jon: What the hell do you know about being a bastard?
Tyrion: All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes.

Same for the gay man, considering gay is used as an insult to this very day its a way to show the world that you dont care.

2.- Korean, Mexican etc those are nationalities. Whites can say im proud of be X nationality and there is not a problem.

larger.jpg

650x366

White pride historically and even to this day is 100% connected to white supremacism, because white people actually have countries and cultures of which they can be "proud" without the need to resort to race.

Thats why the Mexican woman said im proud to be mexican, not proud to be a spanish/indian mixed woman.

Greeks from the north tend to be alot lighter but those from the south look really dark. My father is from the southern most point of Greece, the island of Crete and I look like a burned souvlaki in the summer.

Greeks from the north have mixed with slavs and celts isnt?

Italians definitely aren't white, but then neither are the Irish.

Scientific_racism_irish.jpg

Actually the Irish are a product of Neanderthal mixing more so than the rest of the population and I believe that's how some of them have that look.

I think all of this racial talk needs to stop. It is getting us nowhere. We are individuals first and we need to start encouraging each other to think in that way.

quote-i-don-t-believe-in-quotas-america-was-founded-on-a-philosophy-of-individual-rights-not-clarence-thomas-57-21-34.jpg

quote-i-have-never-understood-the-notion-that-we-could-continue-to-focus-on-race-in-order-to-get-over-clarence-thomas-272253.jpg

What does that even mean? Why don't blacks or Asians have the "power" to be racist?

Because the social psychologists have defined the term "racism" to only be from those in power (AKA whites) against those are not in power (everyone else). So they pigeon-holed that term so no matter how bigoted and prejudiced people of color are (or can be), there is no way they can be called racists. This makes it so they have a loaded social weapon at all times to unleash upon Whitey.

Seriously though... I had massive back and forth arguments with my sociology professors... they are some of the most self-deluded and insane people with whom I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Because I'm proud of my ancestry?

14vtphy.jpg

I just don't get it. Why is one racist but the other isn't? Help me out Sherbros
Seems to me the whites would have reasons to be proud if they wanted too

This is racism.

Foxx: "I kill all of the white people in the movie (enthusiastic applause). How great is that?"

Cmon man He wasn't stating his opinion. He was just doing a bit and joking around.

Last edited:
usually the proud to be white hate everyone else. while the proud to be X are usually for multiculturalism. its unfortunate but thats been my experience.

i try not to look at it that way but im generally prepared that the chances of proud to be white guy hating me is a lot higher than the proud to be indian/asian guy

Because I'm proud of my ancestry?

14vtphy.jpg

I just don't get it. Why is one racist but the other isn't? Help me out Sherbros
Why is one racist and not the other?? Do you realize most of those aren't even race related? Gay is not a race, so it can't be racist to say you're proud to be gay. Same with Mexican and Asian. Basically the only valid examples are between being proud to be black and being proud to be white.

So, to answer that question you have to ask what is the purpose of being "proud". So for black Americans (and even gay people for that matter), if they weren't proud of that specific characteristic they wouldn't have been able to carve out a place for themselves in society and be an accepted member. It was the environment that created the motivation/incentive to be proud.

The whole idea of being proud of your skin color is dumb as fuck unless there is a practical reason for doing so. Also, being proud of your "ancestry" has nothing to do with celebrating their skin color.

I don't even consider Italians white. They're like off-white.

Lol I'm half Italian, half Hungarian. In the last week in the WR I've heard people claim Hungarians aren't white (my dad has blonde hair and blue eyes) and now people claim Italians aren't white. This is hilarious.

Being proud of any of those is pretty dumb. You should be proud of things you accomplish, not pigmentation or something people you don't know personally and had no contact with did. That kind of pride sounds like something only unaccomplished people would bother with.

Lol I'm half Italian, half Hungarian. In the last week in the WR I've heard people claim Hungarians aren't white (my dad has blonde hair and blue eyes) and now people claim Italians aren't white. This is hilarious.

Well, the original Hungarians were probably not white in the sense that we use the word--i.e. to describe the indigenous peoples of Europe. The thing is, there are so few (if any) pure-blooded ethnic Hungarians left nowadays. You guys are mostly a mix of Germans, Slavs, Romanians, and Hungarians. That's where the blonde hair and blue eyes came from, probably. Doubt your ancestors from the steppes brought that over.

That's because people like to conflate social definitions of identity and "other" with various objective categories. It helps if you just start with prejudice, and then move on to attempting to justify it with whatever pseudoscientific bunk you can imagine.
When it came to local immigration, even the blondest, blue eyed Italians were still lazy southern "wogs" on account of language and culture.
The steps taken to promote the supposed genetic inferiority of the Irish (making them not-white) is another great example...

the-irish-monkey.gif

Being proud of any of those is pretty dumb. You should be proud of things you accomplish, not pigmentation or something people you don't know personally and had no contact with did. That kind of pride sounds like something only unaccomplished people would bother with.

Sounds like something someone under 5'11" would say.

+6' master race reporting in.

Sounds like something someone under 5'11" would say.

+6' master race reporting in.

I'm of white European stock with first world nutrition, of course I'm in the 6'+ master race.

Back