Am I racist because I'm proud of my ancestory?

Because 99% who say they are proud to be White, in America....are either saying it because A)They are racist or B)Want to prove a political point.

I never met an American who was honestly proud to be White and wasn't for the reasons I listed.

My cousin got into Med School as a white male. He was pretty proud of that and for good reason. Does that count?

How can you even be proud of your ethnicity? There is absolutely nothing you did to be your kind of ethnicity or had any say over it.

True to being punky, eh? I can appreciate that.
giphy.gif

<18>

Because I'm proud of my ancestry?

14vtphy.jpg

I just don't get it. Why is one racist but the other isn't? Help me out Sherbros
from what I've seen, white people don't say "I'm a proud white man", rather they focus on their families previous nationality - Irish, Italian, etc.

Non whites are innocent victims and have a right to be racist and proud. Maybe in a hundred years or so white people can be proud. Seriously white people can be proud when non whites tell them they can be proud. I'm really sick of white people not getting down on their hands and knees. Like holy fuck do what much more intelligent non white people are telling you to do.
"Just do as you're told." .....lol, ok then

These types of prides usually relate to some prevalent prejudices regarding the said group that made it seem like that group was inferior to another superior group. Accordingly, when an Asian person in US has Asian pride, this is a reaction to some prevalent stereotypes (e.g. small eyes, femine males, ugly, math geek) about the Asians that could have conceivably made the member of Asians ashamed to be affiliated with that group.

Now, going back to the issue with white pride, as far as I know, in recent history, there haven't been too many damaging stereotypes about white people (at least on the level of certain other groups) that have made white people feel inferior or ashamed of being white. Accordingly, the pride of being white is not a response to anything negative about the white stereotype and it has to be something else. So yes, a double standard exists but it exists because these prides often spawn from negative reactions, which is something that white people have not collectively experienced.

Italians and greeks are much more Mediterranean looking than most of Europe, with exception of Spain.

I'm italian and I'm as white as snow in the winter. I do get a tan the second the sun touches my skin in the spring/summer though. My whole family is italian, many of them are fair, blonde, green eyes, blue eyes, grey eyes.

Greeks are a bit darker, although I grew up with many Greeks who had dirty blond hair and light skin.

I'm italian and I'm as white as snow in the winter. I do get a tan the second the sun touches my skin in the spring/summer though. My whole family is italian, many of them are fair, blonde, green eyes, blue eyes, grey eyes.

Greeks are a bit darker, although I grew up with many Greeks who had dirty blond hair and light skin.
For sure, all Italians don't have darker or "Olive" complexion, but a good amount do.

Why would anyone be proud of their skin colour. It's not a fucking accomplishment.

Greeks aren't white, they are like bears with a dark tan.
Greeks from the north tend to be alot lighter but those from the south look really dark. My father is from the southern most point of Greece, the island of Crete and I look like a burned souvlaki in the summer.

The word racist gets thrown around so much nowadays its lost its meaning.

this is as intellectually stimulating as the age old "if there is a B.E.T. then why is there no W.E.T.?" debate.

Back