Am I racist because I'm proud of my ancestory?

Cmon man He wasn't stating his opinion. He was just doing a bit and joking around.

Talking about killing all of the whites in a movie. What a great joke. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If a white person had made the same "joke" about killing blacks (I kill all the black people in the move! How great is that!?) their career would have been over and they would have been relentlessly vilified by the liberal media.

Talking about killing all of the whites in a movie. What a great joke. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If a white person had made the same "joke" about killing blacks (I kill all the black people in the move! How great is that!?) their career would have been over and they would have been relentlessly vilified by the liberal media.

I agree about the double standard, but there is also the importance of context.

Here is Bill Burr talking about it. (I know it's not exactly the same situation.)

Django would have been so much better if the mediocre Jamie Foxx was not in it. Denzel Washington would have brought the movie from entertaining to epic.
Well Denzel is a much better actor, so it probably would have improved the film. But I though Foxx did a decent enough job.

I'm of white European stock with first world nutrition, of course I'm in the 6'+ master race.

Good, then you should drop the hippie talk, you dont want your fellow brothers thinking your are a height traitor.

It's about heritage...
If that's all the actual accomplishments you have to cling to than you need to do more with your life.

I'm proud to be a hard worker, mildly successful, a dad who works hard to provide a level of comfort for his kids. Who supports them and takes interest in their lives and activities. A husband who works on his marriage.

These are things I've had to work to accomplish. Not because I was born a certain colour or on a certain side of an imaginary line on a map.

If that's all the actual accomplishments you have to cling to than you need to do more with your life.

I'm proud to be a hard worker, mildly successful, a dad who works hard to provide a level of comfort for his kids. Who supports them and takes interest in their lives and activities. A husband who works on his marriage.

These are things I've had to work to accomplish. Not because I was born a certain colour or on a certain side of an imaginary line on a map.
You obviously also feel superior to other people, maybe you could say proud, because they value some things you don't. Maybe you aren't as perfect as you think.

You obviously also feel superior to other people, maybe you could say proud, because they value some things you don't. Maybe you aren't as perfect as you think.
I haven't done anything that the vast majority don't do... but at least I did them and it wasn't something I was born as. I don't feel superior but if that makes you feel inferior then by all means lower your standards to something you can feel proud about.

I think you're the only one calling someone's heritage an "Accomplishment"....

You're proud to have apparently no memory or connection with your ancestors? People who worked hard their whole lives and gave birth to your ancestors and provided for them...etc. so that you could exist today. You just throw all that away?

I'm a proud Native American/Norwegian hybrid creature, because I know where I come from and what they went through so that I can be here now. I come from hard working, inquisitive people on both sides. I honor them, because they deserve to be honored.

I haven't done anything that the vast majority don't do... but at least I did them and it wasn't something I was born as. I don't feel superior but if that makes you feel inferior then by all means lower your standards to something you can feel proud about.
You being a dad doesn't make me feel inferior I hate to tell you.

No OP, you aren't racist. Just odd to be proud of something you had no control over. I can't get my head around being proud of race, nationality, sexual orientation, etc.

Being proud of being black is similar to black beauty....it comes from white people who kept saying black people are below them because of their skin colour and black being ugly. So its a respond by saying no I am proud of what i am. difference with minorities is they dont claim to be superior and dont have racist behaviour with that statement. white pride is well known in history and what people who say I am proud of being white are. When ever we have these kind of threads in here, always history is avoided. It always start from today on and the racist pretend history never happened

Being proud of your race/ethnicity is like being proud of your eye colour i.e. it's fuckin retarded. A lot of guys who post on here, their greatest accomplishment in life was being born white. And BLM and race-baiters like them are fuckin losers.

No OP, you aren't racist. Just odd to be proud of something you had no control over. I can't get my head around being proud of race, nationality, sexual orientation, etc.

It does seem a little strange to take pride in something you played absolutely no role in. Why don't people take pride in the shape of their butthole?

I can understand the anti-proud position, due to race and ethnicity not being accomplishments. Look at it another way instead. Those aren't things you did but they are things your are. Pride to me is essentially feeling good about yourself from the inside out, and not letting others take that away. Feeling good about oneself in terms of whatever genetics you possess or culture ingrained through experience is stupid? Ok. But it's more of a positive attitude approach than some intellectually calculated assessment of self-worth.

Good, then you should drop the hippie talk, you dont want your fellow brothers thinking your are a height traitor.

Only Mexicans, Armenians, Italians and Irishmen are proud of their heritage, and all those groups are manlets. Tall people won at life so they don't need to compensate for their shortness by standing on the shoulders of giants (pun intended).

Well, excluding nationality, It's because there's a long history of those characteristics being regarded as something to be ashamed of.

I can understand the anti-proud position, due to race and ethnicity not being accomplishments. Look at it another way instead. Those aren't things you did but they are things your are. Pride to me is essentially feeling good about yourself from the inside out, and not letting others take that away. Feeling good about oneself in terms of whatever genetics you possess or culture ingrained through experience is stupid? Ok. But it's more of a positive attitude approach than some intellectually calculated assessment of self-worth.

I hear ya. I think it makes sense to an extent to be proud of what you are when it comes to nationality because you do have a (small) role in that. For example, if you're from a very successful country like Switzerland, you can say you're proud of your country/countrymen for working together to achieve this prosperous society. But what if you're a Swiss person whose grandparents were immigrants from Ukraine. Why would you be proud of being Ukrainian? That's something from the past you can't rightly claim to have had any part in, since you're from Switzerland. Even though you're just an infinitesimally small part of making Switzerland successful, at least it's something. You truly have nothing to do with Ukraine, though. So why have Ukrainian pride? Have Swiss pride.

Back