Am I racist because I'm proud of my ancestory?

I agree with most that those with power are usually racist and greedy. Education and many lives of learning from past mistakes changes that sometimes.

Last edited:
This is a non issue that people need to stop bitching about yes I'm proud to be the man I am.
No I'm not proud just because my skin is white it's not like I worked really hard and was awarded white skin like some fucking prize.

Who gives a fuck if someone has a brown pride tattoo or feels like there genetic make up is something to be proud of. Live your lives and stop worrying about other peoples bullshit.

Every time I see a happy white person with his head held high I want to puke. Shame them. Shame all of them.

I with most that those with power are usually racist and greedy. Education and many lives of learning from past mistakes changes that sometimes.

They could be but they're letting in tons of immigrants and pushing multiculturalism.

Only Mexicans, Armenians, Italians and Irishmen are proud of their heritage, and all those groups are manlets. Tall people won at life so they don't need to compensate for their shortness by standing on the shoulders of giants (pun intended).

Nationality and the concepts of race were invented by manlets to try to sow separation among tall people in order to dilute their height.

In the end, its going to be an all out war between tall people and short people.

I think you're the only one calling someone's heritage an "Accomplishment"....

You're proud to have apparently no memory or connection with your ancestors? People who worked hard their whole lives and gave birth to your ancestors and provided for them...etc. so that you could exist today. You just throw all that away?

I'm a proud Native American/Norwegian hybrid creature, because I know where I come from and what they went through so that I can be here now. I come from hard working, inquisitive people on both sides. I honor them, because they deserve to be honored.
Your implying that I should take pride in someone else's accomplishments. How does that make sense? Other than my grandmother's I never knew any of them or what any of them had to do.

Well, excluding nationality, It's because there's a long history of those characteristics being regarded as something to be ashamed of.

And now in most civilised countries they aren't anything to be ashamed of. People need to quit living in the past. Never forget that history, but don't let it be so important that it defines who somebody is.

Your implying that I should take pride in someone else's accomplishments. How does that make sense? Other than my grandmother's I never knew any of them or what any of them had to do.
You should take pride in your family and the fact that they survived long enough to create your sorry ass. That's what I'm implying.

You should take pride in your family and the fact that they survived long enough to create your sorry ass. That's what I'm implying.
Sorry but I tend to think you should only have pride in the things you accomplish yourself.

Sorry but I tend to think you should only have pride in the things you accomplish yourself.
"Oh wow, way to go mom (sarcasm)... You gave birth to me...Real big accomplishment...Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. "

You sounds like a tool.

You wouldn't be proud of your kids either? By your logic, you wouldn't be a proud parent no matter what they "Accomplished".

I sense a bitterness in you. Perhaps you've never once accomplished anything in your life. Now it all makes sense.

"Oh wow, way to go mom (sarcasm)... You gave birth to me...Real big accomplishment...Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. "

You sounds like a tool.

You wouldn't be proud of your kids either? By your logic, you wouldn't be a proud parent no matter what they "Accomplished".

I sense a bitterness in you. Perhaps you've never once accomplished anything in your life. Now it all makes sense.
By your logic I should feel free to wear my dad's medals. I mean he earned them ergo so did I.

I think it's actually quite the opposite here. I actually have somethings to take pride on where as you can only cling to things others have done.

And I like how you can call me a tool and a sorry ass while claiming to sense bitterness in me. Don't worry. You can always take pride in the fact that you get your jimmies rustled by opposing views so easily.

I hear ya. I think it makes sense to an extent to be proud of what you are when it comes to nationality because you do have a (small) role in that. For example, if you're from a very successful country like Switzerland, you can say you're proud of your country/countrymen for working together to achieve this prosperous society. But what if you're a Swiss person whose grandparents were immigrants from Ukraine. Why would you be proud of being Ukrainian? That's something from the past you can't rightly claim to have had any part in, since you're from Switzerland. Even though you're just an infinitesimally small part of making Switzerland successful, at least it's something. You truly have nothing to do with Ukraine, though. So why have Ukrainian pride? Have Swiss pride.

Why? Belonging. It seems to be a consistent human need. Identifying with a group is either required for belonging or tantamount to it. Take your pick. That's why we've got books out there about "3rd culture kids". Growing up without solid roots can lead to lack of cultural identity which is (I'm told) challenging for some to deal with.

Also, aren't racial differences essentially different gene pools that have been created via the formation of cultures (based on location), but developed over geological time? Basically people working together to achieve prosperous societies who developed similar physical traits because of course shared genetics are related to shared culture.

By your logic I should feel free to wear my dad's medals. I mean he earned them ergo so did I.

I think it's actually quite the opposite here. I actually have somethings to take pride on where as you can only cling to things others have done.

And I like how you can call me a tool and a sorry ass while claiming to sense bitterness in me. Don't worry. You can always take pride in the fact that you get your jimmies rustled by opposing views so easily.
Wtf are you talking about???

Where in any of my posts did I say other family member's accomplishments are my own? I'd like for you to point that out to me. Good luck.

I get my Jimmy's rustled by bad parents that are proud of it, that's all.

Wtf are you talking about???

Where in any of my posts did I say other family member's accomplishments are my own? I'd like for you to point that out to me. Good luck.

I get my Jimmy's rustled by bad parents that are proud of it, that's all.
You have pride in shit other people did. Thats trying to own their accomplishments for your own.

Yeah...I'm a shitty parent. You got me all figured out brah.

I blame hitler because in recent history he gave white pride a bad name.

Nobody should be proud of their heritage. It means nothing.

I agree with most that those with power are usually racist and greedy. Education and many lives of learning from past mistakes changes that sometimes.

Hmm, so they'd hire an inferior white salesman because they're racist and want to hold the superior black salesman down. Inferior white salesman would sell less shit than the superior black salesman, so they'd make less money.

God damned greedy racists!

ps My brain hurts.

from what I've seen, white people don't say "I'm a proud white man", rather they focus on their families previous nationality - Irish, Italian, etc.
This.
Some people I've talked with about the topic are a bit lost with that regard though, due to of different European ethnicities up in their genetic line. eg. Irish + Italian, or Russian + Polish + Swedish, etc

How about Jewish folks? Are they considered "white"? I've always considered that they were, given generations of european ansestry as well (Polish-Jewish, Russian/Ukranian-Jewish, etc), but some local folks I've met were highly against that idea

I blame hitler because in recent history he gave white pride a bad name.

Hitler didnt considered more than half of the whites of today as really white.

Blame American white supremacist groups praising Hitler instead.

European peoples and other caucasians account for the vast majority of the most important nations and cultures of today, if you as a caucasian cant find pride in your roots and have to fixate on your phenotype. Then i can assure you that you are racist.

Back