Alvarez: Conor McGregor 'can't fight for s---'

Well, I do think Eddie would smash Conor, tbh. He's the more well rounded guy.

Eddie would probably be KO'd by Conor.

Guy gets rocked in almost every single fight, getting tagged and rocked by Conor would be the end for him. Unless of course he pulls that cage grabbing game plan like he did vs Pettis. Maybe he can earn another split decision.
To be fair, it was only cage clinching cause Pettis was able to stop the takedown. No such concerns with Conor. Even Nate singled legged him. That's like getting Wheelkick KO'd by Ronda.

The hate Conor receives is just ridiculous.

The hate Conor receives is just ridiculous.

He aimed to be a polarizing figure. It's not ridiculous - it was planned by Conor himself. The hate is another symptom of what made him so highly paid. No such thing as bad puclicity, etc., right? I'm sure Conor finds it funny. That's how he puts food on his family (Kenny Florian quote)

Come on now. Conor is not nearly as good as he thinks he is, but you don't have to go so far in the other direction and pretend like he's a below average bum. He's an above average striker with pretty underwhelming but serviceable ground defense.

Like Lauzon said, all Conor has is a big left, everything else it there to disguise it.

To be fair, it was only cage clinching cause Pettis was able to stop the takedown. No such concerns with Conor. Even Nate singled legged him. That's like getting Wheelkick KO'd by Ronda.

I'm not talking about cage clinching. Rewatch the fight and notice how every time the ref was on one side, Eddie was grabbing the cage on the other to keep Pettis in place. It looked to be part of the gameplan, because Eddie seemed well versed in doing it. It was almost like they specifically practiced that.

first wrestler conor fought in the UFC was short camp mendes and that was already for the interim belt. everyone else was a striker with a reach disadvantage. alvarez is spot on...

So are you saying all you need is reach to be a good fighter? Lol

please

Alvarez is right. Conor is a one trick pony who has been exposed. Conor will never go back down to 145 because he knows he will lose there as well.

I agree but that didn't mean Aldo was an easy fight. Aldo had fought and beaten other southpaws in the past. Also with you I will take Aldo in a rematch if it ever happens.

Aldo was a great matchup for Mcgregor because of his physical advantages, but that's not Mcgregor's fault nor is Aldo still an easy out regardless of the 13 sec KO. IMO the rematch will be longer and a lot more competitive, but I also think Mcgregor's road to the title shot was cherry picked for the most part.

I'm not talking about cage clinching. Rewatch the fight and notice how every time the ref was on one side, Eddie was grabbing the cage on the other to keep Pettis in place. It looked to be part of the gameplan, because Eddie seemed well versed in doing it. It was almost like they specifically practiced that.
Thank for pointing that out. I haven't seen the fight since it happened. Will watch it later to see if I can notice it too.

Who would fight for shit? I wouldn't. That stuff is flushed down or scooped up to be thrown away. And we all can make our own shit. Plenty of it actually to not need to fight for it. I'm glad he can't fight for it.

props to mcgregor for destroying aldo in 13 seconds, absolutely. aldo is a beast and the final boss in the FW division. mcgregor's path for a title shot was favorable after favorable match up though. Imagine if he gets a hacran dias, or a nik lentz along the way. could be a completely different career at this point...
When you say favourable after favourable match up - please tell me who would have been better placed fighters at the time in the featherweight division to gate keep the belt ?
When replying, please remember that he was ;
knocking them out in early rounds and in dramatic fashion.
Fighting with very short gaps between fights.
Only fought mendes short camp cos aldo pulled out.

Back