Alvarez: Conor McGregor 'can't fight for s---'

first wrestler conor fought in the UFC was short camp mendes and that was already for the interim belt. everyone else was a striker with a reach disadvantage. alvarez is spot on...

the only wrestler conor fought in the ufc*

I enjoy Eddie's fight, or at least I did until he came to the ufc.

But his patter's shit, Conor is gonna make him look foolish pre fight, and during the fight for that matter.

Can't wait.

Just trying to sell a fight it's clear as day. The guy who just knocked out maybe the greatest of all time can't fight....He also finished Chad Mendes which is also pretty nice. Eddie would probably just wrestle for 5 rounds and make it a boring ass fight if they were to fight.

I enjoy Eddie's fight, or at least I did until he came to the ufc.

But his patter's shit, Conor is gonna make him look foolish pre fight, and during the fight for that matter.

Can't wait.

Eddie is a pro, you are just exposing yourself as a neophyte, if you think that talk is going to fluster Eddie at all. He doesn't care about the belt if he gets that money fight with Mcgregor, he knows he's going to get paid and the pressure will be off. Which will make Eddie even more dangerous.

Eddie is a pro, you are just exposing yourself as a neophyte, if you think that talk is going to fluster Eddie at all. He doesn't care about the belt if he gets that money fight with Mcgregor, he knows he's going to get paid and the pressure will be off. Which will make Eddie even more dangerous.
Not a chance. Eddie has worked long and hard to get to where he has (harder than most have). You'll have to pry the belt from his dead hands.

Eddie doesn't come across as the smartest guy and he's pretty hot headed (he's from philly so no surprise there). I think he'd want to test his standup against Conor's.

The difference is Conor is clinical and Eddie swings for the fences. Eddie gets rocked and goes down. If Eddie fought smart he'd have a chance, but Conor has it easier now that Eddie has the belt.

Not a chance. Eddie has worked long and hard to get to where he has (harder than most have). You'll have to pry the belt from his dead hands.

Eddie doesn't come across as the smartest guy and he's pretty hot headed (he's from philly so no surprise there). I think he'd want to test his standup against Conor's.

The difference is Conor is clinical and Eddie swings for the fences. Eddie gets rocked and goes down. If Eddie fought smart he'd have a chance, but Conor has it easier now that Eddie has the belt.

Before when he was younger, but I think he knows what'll be at stake, if he and CM were matched against each other.

Before when he was younger, but I think he knows what'll be at stake, if he and CM were matched against each other.
As a conor fan I hope not.

As a MMA fan I'd hope so.

Nothing frustrates me more than when fighters throw their game plans out the window and don't do what they need to increase their % of winning. GSP cops a lot of flack and I do think he played it a little too safe at times, but he ALWAYS stuck to the plan and did what he needed to do to win. There is no excuse for it. I get that fighters are competitive, but going into a fight without a good game plan and not sticking to it is lunacy. Every fight should have a Plan A, B, and C. Truckloads of study and homework should be done on your opposition. No time is wasted in reconnaissance.

As a conor fan I hope not.

As a MMA fan I'd hope so.

Nothing frustrates me more than when fighters throw their game plans out the window and don't do what they need to increase their % of winning. GSP cops a lot of flack and I do think he played it a little too safe at times, but he ALWAYS stuck to the plan and did what he needed to do to win. There is no excuse for it. I get that fighters are competitive, but going into a fight without a good game plan and not sticking to it is lunacy. Every fight should have a Plan A, B, and C. Truckloads of study and homework should be done on your opposition. No time is wasted in reconnaissance.

Agreed. That's a pretty astute observation, remember when game planning was derided and mocked in the early days?

Yeah, it wasn't gonna get to Jose either....

Yeah, it wasn't gonna get to Jose either....

Jose had to listen to this guy nonstop for almost a year and with the UFC clearly taking Mcgregor's side. I don't think that's going to happen again.

Agreed. That's a pretty astute observation, remember when game planning was derided and mocked in the early days?
Yeah, very stupid.

It can even the playing field significantly, or tip the chances in your favour. I hate it when elite level fighters taper off (Conor did and so did GSP for the Serra fight) because anything can happen on any given night. It's how Forrest won the LHW title Forrest had a game plan, stuck to task and he won. The good thing is that when these fighters get their wake-up call they often respond and go back to what got them there in the first place. It's what Conor has done and it should lead him to victory this time. It will be his greatest victory when he does. When he beats Nate he should be very confident of starching the entire LW division (yes there is Khabab, but no one takes a punch like a Diaz and Khabab eats some coming in).

Yeah, very stupid.

It can even the playing field significantly, or tip the chances in your favour. I hate it when elite level fighters taper off (Conor did and so did GSP for the Serra fight) because anything can happen on any given night. It's how Forrest won the LHW title Forrest had a game plan, stuck to task and he won. The good thing is that when these fighters get their wake-up call they often respond and go back to what got them there in the first place. It's what Conor has done and it should lead him to victory this time. It will be his greatest victory when he does. When he beats Nate he should be very confident of starching the entire LW division (yes there is Khabab, but no one takes a punch like a Diaz and Khabab eats some coming in).

For what it's worth, I think CM will make the fight very competitive until he starts :eek::eek::eek: again, Nate is going to win the war of attrition by his superior cardio, work rate, clinch work, and volume striking. I see this fight going to 4th or 5th round, wouldn't surprise me if it went to decision to be honest.

I do think there is mutual respect towards one another, just by the lack of shit talking done by both men. Both are keenly aware what the other can do if he's on.

For what it's worth, I think CM will make the fight very competitive until he starts :eek::eek::eek: again, Nate is going to win the war of attrition by his superior cardio, work rate, clinch work, and volume striking. I see this fight going to 4th or 5th round, wouldn't surprise me if it went to decision to be honest.

I do think there is mutual respect towards one another, just by the lack of shit talking done by both men. Both are keenly aware what the other can do if he's on.
reported.

fighter bashing!

Everyone is looking for that money fight. Conor is becoming a real leprechaun following him to the end of the rainbow there will be a big pot of gold.

He sounds so bitter.I think Conor can Ko him stiff.

Back