Opinion Alt-right Twitter "journalists" embarrassing themselves on Capital Hill.

Lets face it, you'd never go online to discuss about politics or events outside of America, in the first place. So yeah, coming across such a scenario is pretty unlikely.

"Horseshit statement". If it was truly horseshit, you wouldn't be acting so outraged about it. From what I can see I hit a sore spot. And now you're trying to prove that your outrage was indeed legitimate, rather then merely convenient.

Well, guess what, that's kind of an impossible task to accomplish over the internet, which is why I don't pretend to be outraged over here. It accomplishes absolutely nothing.

But anyway, there's nothing less interesting to me than debating some guy dropping Bruce Willis one-liners on me, so I'll just leave you to it.
Yes, you hit a sore spot.

20 children were murdered less than a half hour from my home where I tuck in my own two children every night.

What do you fucking expect?

Last edited:
If Rubio had actually punched Jones i would have voted for him. As is, I will be voting Democrat.

When did I say that people didn't care about it? I said that people didn't care about Alex Jones's statements until it became convenient to care about them. Which they didn't, and that is a fact.

I don't see the outrage being directed at all the other tinfoil hat loons who made similar statements around the time that the shooting took place.

Alex Jones made his comments about Sandy Hook in 2012. You should've been angry at him then. But back then, I suppose he wasn't important enough for you to care about it.

My criticisms concern your selective outrage, nothing more. Don't try to make this out to be about the children or the parents, because it isn't about that.

The fuck? You really think that all of the anger at Jones is because Jones mentioned Sandy Hook once several years ago?

He's talked about it constantly. It's something that he's mentioned over and over again. Even after he denied saying it during that ABC Megyn Kelly interview, he went back to the well.

That's why the outrage kept building, because he wouldn't shut up about it.

His channel is gone now, so I can't easily find the clips, but this video includes a compilation of some of the times that he brought it up on his show.

Last edited:
Trump normalized a lot of characters that weren't mainstream. I think he embraced all those radio guys (Savage, Hannity, Can't remember when Rush jumped on) with the exception of Beck. There's a difference between calling Jones far/alt/CT right and saying he's just in mainstream right.

Jones is part of a long running American tradition of paranoid, right-wing populists with libertarian pretensions (minus any social liberalism, sometimes also known as Paleocons).
They haven't been mainstream since Taft lost and the John Birch Society was sidelined.

Strange how nobody gave a jackshit about the dead kids until he started talking about Trump.

Wtf?

Jones has been getting ragged on, and not just by the left, for years. The fact that he was given a larger platform through credibility lent by the sitting POTUS pretty well justifies his larger reach and the subsequent larger volume of criticism. If his relationship to Trump hadn't resulted in greater visibility it would have been completely irrelevant.

You don't seem to have a point, but your "nobody gave jackshit about the dead kids" line is especially stupid and incendiary. There was huge outcry after Sandy Hook and all the persons (mostly right-wing) who were propagating conspiracy theories about how it was a hoax to take away muh guns were swiftly denounced.

When did I say that people didn't care about it? I said that people didn't care about Alex Jones's statements until it became convenient to care about them. Which they didn't, and that is a fact.

I don't see the outrage being directed at all the other tinfoil hat loons who made similar statements around the time that the shooting took place.

And what does that have to do with anything?

I'm just completely sick of you people pushing your sob stories on me, as if they should matter to me. When's the last time you cried over a dozen Finns being stabbed in a terrorist attack? Oh that's right, never. And I don't expect you to, either. You Americans generally don't give much of a damn about what goes on in the world outside America, unless the events fit an angle which can be spun for political gain domestically. This forum has taught me as much.

Alex Jones made his comments about Sandy Hook in 2012. You should've been angry at him then. But back then, I suppose he wasn't important enough for you to care about it.

My criticisms concern your selective outrage, nothing more. Don't try to make this out to be about the children or the parents, because it isn't about that.
You can quit pretending that you know fuck all about what goes on in America. Sandy Hook was all over the news, and so were stories about the assholes pretending it wasn't real. Those things go hand in hand, and Trump has little to do with it.

Do you think we no longer despise the Westboro Baptists because they apparently started protesting Trump? You're on an American website, by the way, where most of us watch and read American news. Alex Jones is an American who said a bunch of disgraceful shit and made the fallout of an American tragedy worse. That you think my never shedding a tear over a Finnish tragedy informs of how well I follow current events in my own country is downright retarded.

And I wouldn't put much stock in what this forum has taught you, because you seem to have profound difficulty assimilating information in a way that isn't addled.

Jones is part of a long running American tradition of paranoid, right-wing populists with libertarian pretensions (minus any social liberalism, sometimes also known as Paleocons).
They haven't been mainstream since Taft lost and the John Birch Society was sidelined.

I just tried making a comment relating to know no one sensible would want to claim Jones to their own politics. My friend doesn't follow anything so to her, it's left or right and that's it, which caused my sigh. Yes, he's on the right of the spectrum if you have to place him but he doesn't share my politics or a good amount of others to the right.

Yes, you hit a sore spot, you fucking garbage.

20 children were murdered less than a half hour from my home where I tuck in my own two children every night.

What do you fucking expect, you lousy piece of shit?

As I said, there's nothing less interesting than debating some guy dropping Bruce Willis one-liners on me.

You're not the only person in the world who has had people murdered close to them. My neighbour chopped a guy up into pieces and ate parts of him, then disposed the rest in a junkyard.

But I'm not going around the internet, acting to strangers as if it was some huge traumatic event in my life, because it was not. I did not lose anybody, others did. I'm not going to pretend as if the losses of others, were my own.

I'll just chalk it down to a cultural difference, I suppose.

Last edited:
As I said, there's nothing more interesting than debating some guy dropping Bruce Willis one-liners on me.

You're not the only person in the world who has had people murdered close to them. My neighbour chopped a guy up into pieces and ate parts of him, then disposed the rest in a junkyard.

But I'm not going around the internet, acting to strangers as if it was some huge traumatic event in my life, because it was not. I did not lose anybody, others did. I'm not going to pretend as if the losses of others, were my own.
@Madmick @Lead @Ruprecht @computer fogie

Get in here.

I’m done.

I just tried making a comment relating to know no one sensible would want to claim Jones to their own politics. My friend doesn't follow anything so to her, it's left or right and that's it, which caused my sigh. Yes, he's on the right of the spectrum if you have to place him but he doesn't share my politics or a good amount of others to the right.

Yeah. I'm just pointing out that the divisions on the American right are long standing, and that those in line with Trump and Jones have been mainstream before, as they have become mainstream again.

lol at the progressive rage.

I think both AJ and the progressive liberals are insane. They serve the same overlords.

As I said, there's nothing more interesting than debating some guy dropping Bruce Willis one-liners on me.

God, you really are an idiot. You being an unaffected twat over something like that doesn't make you a reasonable person. It makes you the kind of tit who would write the shit that he's written in this thread.

Trump normalized a lot of characters that weren't mainstream. I think he embraced all those radio guys (Savage, Hannity, Can't remember when Rush jumped on) with the exception of Beck. There's a difference between calling Jones far/alt/CT right and saying he's just in mainstream right.

He was normalized long before Trump. As I mentioned several times in this thread, the sitting governor of Texas embraced the Jade Helm conspiracy theory and expressed concern about Obama "invading" a state that he was already President of.

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/04/abbott-defends-jade-helm-15-decision/

There are plenty of whackjob elected officials in the GOP (e.g. Palin, Abbott, Bachmann, Gohmert, LePage, King etc.) who've been parroting all of the worst right wing conspiracy bullshit that people like Jones perpetuate for years.

Trump isn't the root of the problem. He's a symptom of it.

He was normalized long before Trump. As I mentioned several times in this thread, the sitting governor of Texas embraced the Jade Helm conspiracy theory and expressed concern about Obama "invading" a state that he was already President of.

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/04/abbott-defends-jade-helm-15-decision/

There are plenty of whackjob elected officials in the GOP (e.g. Palin, Abbott, Bachmann, Gohmert, LePage, King etc.) who've been parroting all of the worst right wing conspiracy bullshit that people like Jones perpetuate for years.

Trump isn't the root of the problem. He's a symptom of it.

Trump came out of the primary with the farther right end of the base supporting him. I'm not going to defend every politician that's gotten into the gutter of one CT or another on the republican side. The point is nationally he didn't get the support he had until Trump walked onto the scene. Palin sunk what was already a lost 2008 campaign (though could've been foreshadowing of what's to come). We can argue back and forth about this but I'm making the point you can't just lump him in as standard right thinking and if you do, you may as well be straw manning a decent amount of the party to have him mixed in with everyone.

God, you really are an idiot. You being an unaffected twat over something like that doesn't make you a reasonable person. It makes you the kind of tit who would write the shit that he's written in this thread.

Again, I chalk it down to a cultural difference, as well as a "philosophical" difference when it comes to the use of the internet.

It's not that I'm unaffected by such tragedies, it's just that I don't base my arguments over the internet on a deemed level of emotional outrage that I'm attempting to portray to an anonymous person, over a medium that cannot ever hope to translate it.

I have not written anything disrespectful about the victims of Sandy Hook, I've merely stated that I do not quite buy the "authenticity" of the outrage directed at Jones.

If you disagree with that, fair enough, I can certainly acknowledge that there's room for disagreement, but if you try to prove me how outraged you are by cussing a lot, then just forget about it. It's not my first "dance" on the internet, you know. Every single day, I meet people who act outraged about the things that I say, and to be honest, I don't buy much of it, if any of it.

I generally do not think that humans are so emotionally unstable, as to get outraged over a statement made by a stranger over the internet. Most of the people here are "vets" of a thousand internet "battles", and quite well adjusted to the medium. Then again, perhaps I simply have too much of an optimistic outlook on things.

You don't usually leave such gaping holes in your logic. You're being sloppy.

We don't have to move past cold self-interest to justify the outrage. If there was an epidemic of men axing people in your neighborhood and someone was loudly and unjustifiably claiming that it was a hoax, that the victims were actors, and that we need not address the problem because it does not exist, it would be against your self interest in protecting yourself from being axed. People listening to that person would not care to lobby the community to seek out the murderers or obstruct their ability to kill en masse.

There is a bona fide problem with school shootings. Pretending that school shootings are fake obfuscates the response to them and makes protection against them less effective.

And all that is under the (ludicrous in my opinion) presumption that empathy with others is always insincere.

Again, I chalk it down to a cultural difference, as well as a "philosophical" difference when it comes to the use of the internet.

It's not that I'm unaffected by such tragedies, it's just that I don't base my arguments over the internet on a deemed level of emotional outrage that I'm attempting to portray to an anonymous person, over a medium that cannot ever hope to translate it.

I have not written anything disrespectful about the victims of Sandy Hook, I've merely stated that I do not quite buy the "authenticity" of the outrage directed at Jones.

If you disagree with that, fair enough, I can certainly acknowledge that there's room for disagreement, but if you try to prove me how outraged you are by cussing a lot, then just forget about it. It's not my first "dance" on the internet, you know. Every single day, I meet people who act outraged about the things that I say, and to be honest, I don't buy much of it, if any of it.

I generally do not think that humans are so emotionally unstable, as to get outraged over a statement made by a stranger over the internet. Perhaps I have too much of an optimistic outlook on things.
I don't think it's a cultural difference. I'm pretty sure it's because you're emotionally stunted. My current behavior towards you isn't meant to get you to buy anything. I don't care that you think the strength of my reaction is fake. It's cathartic for me, because reading your posts in this thread makes me want to scrub myself with a Brillo pad.

That's another thing that I don't understand, about you lot. What's the point of you calling a bunch of dudes here to make arguments in your case?

I don't need anybody else to emotionally support me on an internet forum. Thank goodness.

I don't think he wanted us to argue with you.

Back