• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alonzo Menifield vs Carlos Ulberg set for May 11th, Dominick Reyes OUT

Who wins?

• Total voters
It's a beauty, and honestly.... May the best man win, because I have no clue!
Total pick em for me as well! I think Ulberg's striking defense is still iffy and Menifield definitely has the power to sit him down. I'm glad the Reyes fight got canceled, worst match up in the last half year at least.

I thought Menifield was a glass cannon after getting slept by the corpse of OSP. But the dude has been impressive on this run he's on. Ulberg is a beast as well. I think Menifield can get the W here.
I know what you mean, but in Alonzo's defense, he had no idea what he was doing back then. The guy has been doing very well against better opposition lately. Ulberg's flashy but I don't think he can ahndle the strunf, power, and dogliness of Alonzo here.

Think Menifield puts him away. Great replacement though.

Ulberg might pull out of this fight when his team watches Menifield tape. Menifield is going to find that chin if Ulberg swings his typical fades with his chin sticking out.

I know what you mean, but in Alonzo's defense, he had no idea what he was doing back then. The guy has been doing very well against better opposition lately. Ulberg's flashy but I don't think he can ahndle the strunf, power, and dogliness of Alonzo here.
True. I think he switched camps as well. He was at Fortis MMA with Ryan Spann and those guys, but leaving seems to have helped him grow.

Ulberg might pull out of this fight when his team watches Menifield tape. Menifield is going to find that chin if Ulberg swings his typical fades with his chin sticking out.
Menifield's probably going to wrestle tbh. Less risk.

that's too bad I was wondering if Reyes was going to die this time

Pretty good scrap for a replacement. I like Ulberg here, but Menefield has shown a lot of steady improvements.

This is actually good news.

This feels like a tougher fight for Ulberg. Always liked Meinifield but I see Ulberg by KO

Good, Reyes should probably retire at this point

This sport is brutal.

Reyes was one of the better LHW prospects to come out of the regional circuit. Then, he arguably beats Jones.

...and boom, his career goes to shit afterwards.

Saved Heyeees life

this is a better fight anyways

Reyes is getting a lot of hate in this thread.

Meanwhile I like him for what he did to Weidman.

This sport is brutal.

Reyes was one of the better LHW prospects to come out of the regional circuit. Then, he arguably beats Jones.

...and boom, his career goes to shit afterwards.

That's what you get sometimes when you talk the talk, but can't walk the walk when facing brick fisted opponents

Updated main post, fight moved from March 30th to May 11th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back