All Time GOAT poll

1-most title fight wins ever (14)
2- 2nd longest consecutive defense streak (9)
3- 2nd most UFC victories (20)
4- multiple weight champion
5- won 32 consecutive rounds
6- defeated more UFC champions than anyone else
7- most takedowns and strikes ever landed in UFC history
8- never tested positive on a drug test (unlike many more like Jones and Silva), and was the one begging the UFC to add more tests
9- avenged his only 2 losses ever
10- still fought past his prime (a veeerry risky move), and won

He's not the GOAT! He never avenged his loss to Hendricks! He quit in both of his losses! He retired in his prime and came back to fight 1 eyed fighter who got KTFO 1 month later by a different WW and retired! Matt Hughes is the GOAT at WW! If Matt Hughes retired at same age as GSP his career record would be 41 - 4 with 33 wins by way of stoppage and was 1 - 0 against GSP! GSP was 25 - 3 with 14 stoppages! I know he's a nice guy but, he didn't have it mentally to be a GOAT! He is likely the best Canadian of all time but that is it!

GSP in his early days was a star and exciting to watch, post Serra he will always be remembered as an extremely dominant yet boring champion.

Nothing but respect for the man, but really wished he challenged himself at 185.

Only reason he came back was to strengthen his legacy on paper by becoming a two division champ.

The fans know he took the easiest possible route to becoming the Middleweight champ.

Nice, but he still felt the aura he never had:

CleanGreatBufeo.gif

Fedor vs. GSP facts:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/all-time-and-skillwise-fedor-gsp-updated.3651329/

What I see is humility.
Fedor is GREAT, but he's the second best mma fighter ever.
The GOAT has to be GSP.

GSP was great, but the greatest of his era was Silva, not him.
Now looking at this current era, he isn't the greatest either. The divisions changed and the talent is more rank making competition much steeper. GSP is no longer a big WW by current standards, he would be smaller than most of top 10.

spoken like a true 2018 join date account

14 - Is the only UFC fighter besides Tim Kennedy to host his own show on the History Channel.
268x0w.jpg
I still never had a chance to watch that even after installing the History Channel app. Do I have to fly to Canada to watch this?

preach brutha.

the clear cut #1 p4p, ignore the haters.

I still never had a chance to watch that even after installing the History Channel app. Do I have to fly to Canada to watch this?
Not sure. You can watch the first episode on Dailymotion anyway.

8- never tested positive on a drug test (unlike many more like Jones and Silva), and was the one begging the UFC to add more tests

I truly don't understand why GSP nuthuggers feel the need to post this crap.
While mostly true, it is highly biased and most are irrelevant.

He is one of the greats, but these constant nutsucking threads is a disservice to him.

He's not the GOAT! He never avenged his loss to Hendricks! He quit in both of his losses! He retired in his prime and came back to fight 1 eyed fighter who got KTFO 1 month later by a different WW and retired! Matt Hughes is the GOAT at WW! If Matt Hughes retired at same age as GSP his career record would be 41 - 4 with 33 wins by way of stoppage and was 1 - 0 against GSP! GSP was 25 - 3 with 14 stoppages! I know he's a nice guy but, he didn't have it mentally to be a GOAT! He is likely the best Canadian of all time but that is it!
Do you honestly think GSP was in his prime when he retired? Have you also considered that Bisping getting dropped by a WW - the same WW who drops pretty much everyone - might have had something to do with him getting dropped by GSP three weeks prior to the fight?
tenor.gif

Georges is a living warrior.

Do you honestly think GSP was in his prime when he retired? Have you also considered that Bisping getting dropped by a WW - the same WW who drops pretty much everyone - might have had something to do with him getting dropped by GSP three weeks prior to the fight?
tenor.gif

GSP retired at 32. I can't really say when his prime was as he doesn't have that fight where everyone was in awe of his skills. I would say his best fight where he looked really good was against Frank Trigg! He also looked good against Jay Hieron and Sean Sherk. Those are his 3 dominating performances. Everything else was just boring lay n pray or jab & superman punches against guys with zero striking! Michael Bisping was a shot fighter! Period! He retired a couple weeks later after getting his head spun around by a WW. He's since come out and said he was blind in eye that Vitor messed up. I really am not impressed with that performance! I'm really not impressed with his career! I am first to admit that he has some of the greatest skills of all time but he was too afraid to use them as it could open him up to counter shots. His career basically ended the night he tapped to Matt Serra's strikes! Those are all facts!

Back