All Time GOAT poll

Frankie Edgar > Cruz
Seven title wins, beat dj, tj, faber twice, benavidez twice, 12 fight win streak at bantamweight, only lost after getting the worst injury record in mma history

Seven title wins, beat dj, tj, faber twice, benavidez twice, 12 fight win streak at bantamweight, only lost after getting the worst injury record in mma history
But lightweight and featherweight are deeper divisions.

DJ = GOAT

DJ had it all - many title defenses, clear displays of skill like the flying armbar, never popped for PEDs, not an eye poke monster like Jones, no roid gut like GSP, got a win over Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo who is probably a top 5 UFC talent of all time

YZYzpP.gif

DJ = GOAT

DJ had it all - many title defenses, clear displays of skill like the flying armbar, never popped for PEDs, not an eye poke monster like Jones, no roid gut like GSP, got a win over Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo who is probably a top 5 UFC talent of all time

Jesus christ he beat nobody. No one elite. Beat Cejduo but that was long before Henry leveled up.

Was offered to go up in weight cause he had exhausted the division and fight some legit competition but refused.

His fights where so meaningless fighting no name guys that he couldn't sell a ppv. That's part of the reason he got cut.

Yes I know.
If you know anything about the context of the sport back then, the prized division for fighters of Cruz/Edgar size was UFC LW, not WEC BW. That's just the way it was. And it's called prize fighting for a reason.
Beating BJ and Maynard for the UFC LW tittle was more of a feat - and more prized - than getting the BW tittle. More so when comparing two guys of the same size. It's not 1 title = 1 tittle like you want to present it. You need to understand context.
Edgar also beat Faber btw. He actually beat a better version of Faber, closer to his natural weight.

Most outlets gave Edgar the W over Henderson for the LW tittle as well:
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3645/Benson-Henderson-vs-Frankie-Edgar

Which is fucking massive feat for a BW, 10x bigger feat than beating Scott Jorgensen even if going by your stats on paper argument, it could be the other way around.
Cruz, being the same size than Edgar, would have been a clear underdog against the same opponent.

If not for the injuries, Cruz could have still put toguether a superior career though. He was very talented. It wasnt the case, unfortunately.

Yes I know.
If you know anything about the context of the sport back then, the prized division for fighters of Cruz/Edgar size was UFC LW, not WEC BW. That's just the way it was. And it's called prize fighting for a reason.
Beating BJ and Maynard for the UFC LW tittle was more of a feat - and more prized - than getting the BW tittle. More so when comparing two guys of the same size. It's not 1 title = 1 tittle like you want to present it. You need to understand context.
Edgar also beat Faber btw. He actually beat a better version of Faber, closer to his natural weight.

Most outlets gave Edgar the W over Henderson for the LW tittle as well:
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3645/Benson-Henderson-vs-Frankie-Edgar

Which is fucking massive feat for a BW, 10x bigger feat than beating Scott Jorgensen even if going by your stats on paper argument, it could be the other way around.
Cruz, being the same size than Edgar, would have been a clear underdog against the same opponent.

If not for the injuries, Cruz could have still put toguether a superior career though. He was very talented. It wasnt the case, unfortunately.

I used to dislike Edgar because his fans never thought he lost any decision. But they defend the decision in Penn-Edgar 1.

I used to dislike Edgar because his fans never thought he lost any decision. But they defend the decision in Penn-Edgar 1.

I think BJ-Edgar could go either way but is less of a robbery than Edgar-Henderson.

Regardless, my point was that the fact there is a legit argument about Frankie beating those two guys in their prime for the LW tittle is more of a feat than a guy of Edgar's size beating Jorgensson for a BW tittle.
I dont think anybody defends the Aldo fight for Frankie btw

DJ = GOAT

So first you want to discredit guys who popped for PEDs and in the same sentence you're discrediting others who never posted positive but "appearted to be" on PEDs? Strong critical thinking skills. DJ had insane cardio, looks like he was on epo, let's just take him off the list as well.

I'll repeat myself:

GSP is the GOAT,

26-2 in MMA, 20-2 in the UFC,
Avenged both loses,
Holds record for the most UFC title wins (13),
Tied first for the most UFC title fights (15),
Tied second for the most UFC wins (20),
Tied third for the most consecutive UFC title defenses (9),
Most UFC title defenses in Welter Weight history (9),
Two division champion,
Did not lose a round between 2007 (Matt Serra) and 2011 (Jake Shields),
Second for the most consecutive rounds won (33),
Won first belt in 2006, last belt in 2018, on top for 12 years,
Never failed a drug test.
Retired on top.

Want more?

Most wins by 50-45 decisions in UFC history (12)
Most takedowns landed in UFC History (90)
Most strikes landed in UFC history (2591)
Most sig. strikes landed in UFC WW History (1254)
3rd highest Sig. Strikes defense in UFC history (73.1%)
3rd highest TD accuracy in UFC History (73.8%) - 1st among wrestlers since the two in front of him are strikers (Robbie and Taleb)

Anyone who disagrees with GSP being the GOAT, disagrees with facts.
This isnt baseball

Couldn’t vote for Fedor since he kept his career going too long. Had he retired once he passed his prime, I would have voted for him. But he and too many losses later on that tarnished his record. Same with Anderson.
Was a tie for me between GSP and bones, but i went bones. Most dominant and well rounded fighter ever.

anderson silva will always be the goat, he looked unbeatable in his prime , it looked like he was another planet.

Wow. I can’t believe Jones and Silva got so many votes. People must’ve forgotten that they used performance enhancing drugs while competing. That’s against the rules!

Back