All Time GOAT poll

You're right HW now is so much better than in Prides day. Arlovski, Werdum, Hunt, Overeem, Cro Cop, Barnett all still top 15...

HW has always been weak, but its the weakest its been in like 20 years now

Fedor usually wins these polls. This is first time I see him not leading in this poll. Very interesting.

How can you people run an MMA site and not include the man below at the top of the GOAT candidates?

Andy-Wang.jpeg

MMA is not a sport.

mma is sport ENTERTAINMENT imo

CM punk was allow to fight in the UFC.

I challenge you to mention a legit sport that allows individuals with 0 experience be part of a professional game?
Eddie Gaedal played in a game for the St. Louis Browns back in 1951 with no baseball experience. Also you sound drunk if you don’t think mma isn’t a sport.

when Jon retires there will be no question that Jones was the GOAT.

Jones is the best fighter I have ever seen in MMA.

On paper he looks great but GSP was the most boring champ in ufc history.
Entertainment value should have nothing to do with the argument. He had a game plan that everyone knew and could do nothing to stop. Come up with a game plan to beat a dominant champion, it's not the champs responsibility to change his style to entertain you. The objective of the sport is to win, if you don't like it watch stand up based martial arts, it's pretty simple

Either the undefeated one or the one that finished 14 fights on his 16 fight win streak.

Fedor at his absolute best would be the betting favorite over any man alive.

On paper he looks great but GSP was the most boring champ in ufc history.
He neutralized every opponent but Hendricks. For every round of every fight bar his two losses.

His nickname is 'Rush' for a reason. He was brutally taking out opponents in the first or second round right up until his second fight with Serra. Sure, he may have played it a bit safe after that fight, buy so did Aldo for his last 5 defenses or so.

I'm going with GSP over Fedor simply because of the level of comp he beat. Newbies might look at his record and downplay his record now, but at the time guys like Alves, Penn, Shields and Condit were straight up killers.

WW was, and probably my still is, the most stacked division purely because the average guy is a welterweight frame.

A small population of folks are heavyweight by frame (many are HW because of being fat), and Fedor also was fighting a shitload of cans between his big fights (Big Nog, Cro Cop, Arlovski, Sylvia ect). GSP only ever had one easy fight in the UFC in Hardy, but he was the top contender by way of GSP having already best everyone else in the top 5 at the time.

Where is Chael Sonnen on this list? He’s still undefeated

Back