All Time GOAT poll

I have him as #2, with gsp at #1. I would be fine with the reverse order as well.

BouncyMemorableAmphibian-max-1mb.gif

Anderson
Jones
GSP
Fedor
Aldo

Not necessarily in that order.

Now that the dude is retiring. Hopefully for good.

Just curious, in who doesn't have him in their overall top 5 MMA fighters.

My top 5 all-time.

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Jon Jones
4. Anderson Silva
5. Khabib

FedorEmelianenko__1_.0.0.jpg
i agree with your list except for #5, which goes to demetrious johnson

MM division was just to weak for me to have him there. It took a while for that division to have good fighters.

I see your point, but Joseph Benavidez holds wins over some of the best fighters still around, so I think he undermines how good MM was.

Benavidez is a UFC legend, even though he couldn't win a belt.

You guys are really showing your newb status. You weren't even watching MMA in the 2000s. Because if you were watching MMA back then, you would know PRIDE was the top MMA organization in the world and Fedor was the top P4P fighter in the world for many years. PRIDE was much bigger and better than the UFC. So when you guys continually downplay PRIDE, you are really just admitting you don't know about MMA from that time period.

Also, every fighter loses after 35 fights. Cain only has like 18 fights and he fell apart in his mid 30s just like Fedor (although with much less fights than Fedor).
His first ever mma card was probably the strikeforce grand prix which Fedor lost in a noob sees that and goes well Fedor sucks lol smh

Gotta say… was expecting Stipe to get a little more respect in these peoples Top 10’s! But I don’t think he’ll lose sleep over it. Lol

1) Fedor
2) GSP
3) Khabib
4) Stipe
Stipe is my #2 HW of all time, but definitely doesn’t make my top 10 fighters all time list.

Stipe is my #2 HW of all time, but definitely doesn’t make my top 10 fighters all time list.

I can't understand how someone would rank Stipe ahead of someone like Nog, Werdum, JDS or Cormier who all have wins over all time great HWs in their prime. Stipe is a top 5-6 HW of all time which is impressive any way you slice but he's never beaten an ATG heavyweight in their prime. The average age of his best wins is 39 years old and he got knocked out by Struve when he was 30 years old with 10 fights.

I see your point, but Joseph Benavidez holds wins over some of the best fighters still around, so I think he undermines how good MM was.

Benavidez is a UFC legend, even though he couldn't win a belt.

Just not enough competition. He's a great fighter though.

I really like Mighty Mouse, he's super technical and a great fighter. But his one-sided loss against Cruz and the draw against Ian McCall count pretty hard against him IMO. Esspecially because he didn't get caught with anything but just got outworked in both fights. With Cejudo it was very, very close, and Cejudo is an amazing fighter in his own right.

GSP lost to Hughes kinda early and avenged that loss same for the Serra loss and went on a sick run just dominating everyone.
Silva had an amazing run as well, finishing almost everyone before getting older and a step behind
Fedor same thing, amazing run just finishing everyone.
Jones same thing, just blazing through LHW but looking rusty in his return fights vs OSP, Santos and Reyes.
Aldo had an amazing run, but I feel like he fell apart a bit when resistance became bigger (McGregor, Holloway, Volk)
Khabib was great but his run was just too short to compare to the other greats. Aldo's championship run was 6 years, GSP's 7 years (WW), Silva's 7 years, Jones's 9 years (with some breaks of course) compared to Khabib's 2 years.

Silva and Jones however had positive drug tests. So taking that in account I feel the discussion should be between GSP and Fedor, and I'm fine with either choice to be honest, it's hard to compare.

If you don't care about the drug tests I guess you'd have to give Jones the top spot though, just the sheer domination of the entire division, never losing a fight.

So for me:
GSP / Fedor
Jones
Silva
Aldo
Mighty Mouse

Tier 1 - Fedor, Jones, Silva, GSP, Aldo, Mighty Mouse

Tier 2 - Nog, Hendo, Hughes, Khabib, Cruz

Tier 3 - Cain, DC, Stipe, JDS, Wanderlei, Chuck, Izzy, Kumaru, BJ, Volk

Tier 4 - Werdum, Couture, Rampage, Shogun, Lyoto, Vitor, Lawler, Benson, Gomi, Max, TJ, Cajudo

Jones/Anderson
GSP
MM
Aldo
Khabib
Cormier
Fedor

Fedor ducked too many fighters and got koed by Dan Henderson and Fedor never fought modern MMA greats. When Fedor got koed by Hendo he was mid 30s.. when Anderson lost to Weidman he was late 30s.

Not sure why people actually rate Fedor so highly? Nostalgia? Fedor had a chance to fight Overeem and DC in strike force but he ducked them.

Cormier lost to the GOAT, it is almost certain than Jon Jones would beat any version of Fedor and DC would also beat Fedor.

How can anyone rank Fedor above the likes of Jones/DC/MM/GSP.

Last edited:
Back