All Time GOAT poll

I expect this to be another polarizing thread, though I would bet the votes will likely be split down the middle for the most part

If we disregard different rules they fought under, or ring vs cage, weight class, or other variables, and just go by record alone, this is the difference on paper:
In GSP's 28 fights, he was 26-2 with 14 finishes (7 in the first 5 minutes) but got finished twice in the first round.
In Fedor's first 28 fights, he was 27-1 with 20 finishes (15 in the first 5 minutes) and was never defeated by his opponent.

Last edited:
GSP is the new Fedor on Sherdog in terms of sheer obsession..

So the Answer is GSP..

Fedor it's not even close unless your gay for GSP.

no-homo-gif-9.gif

In @ 20-20

Close poll.
<mma4>

...I wonder how much age plays a part in the decision making.

Gsp by a mile. More defenses, better wins, two division champ, and avenged all losses.

Fedor is the lord of everything. After him,is GSP and Khabib

Fedor for me, but I can also understand how GSP could be someone’s GOAT.

Fedor for me.

- he fought at HW (!)
- he went for the kill

---> combine these two elements, and it's mindblowing that he ruled the world for a decade

You can't go wrong wirh GSP either though. He is a legit #1 GOAT contender. As is Jones and Anderson.
These 4 stand out in my opinion.

Fedor had 41 fights compared to 28 fights for GSP. Fedor fought some cans but also fought the best opposition available as did GSP. Fedor fell harder while being semi active while GSP just sorta faded away & retired. GSP lost in his prime whereas Fedor lost slightly after his prime (his last prime fight was Tim Sylvia - he started abandoning his sambo / submission game in favor of headhunting & looking more out of shape after that fight). GSP said Fedor was the P4P best fighter when both when in their prime so I’ll take GSP’s word for it.

I am not a Fedor fan at all, in fact I usually rooted against him. That said, he fought in the hardest division to consistently win in, and went almost 10 years, losing only one fight on a freak cut in that whole time! Fedor was not a big HW either, yet he consistently beat bigger guys than him.

Back