All Time GOAT poll

B04434B9-34C9-4E97-AD17-8C550694C816.jpeg

There seems to be a shift of tone in Tapology rankings as well. Everyone except die hard Shertards have moved away from Fedor as the GOAT, as other contenders have emerged. Even on this poll, Jones is closing the gap on him

Khabib being above Fedor here is interesting. If you lose the ped users on the list then it's just Khabib and GSP.

Dominace vs longevity (even though they both have 13 UFC fight winstreak, GSP got his shot much earlier).
I don’t think PED users should de disqualified from the list, but their ranking should be lower. Jones is without a doubt #1 by resume, but should stay at #2 because of his PED problems. Anderson should be lower as well. For me it goes like this:

GSP
Jones
Khabib
DJ
Anderson
DC
Stipe
Fedor
Aldo
Cejudo
Conor
Max

Obviously, there have been alot of threads discussing the BT poll but I have a question for everyone what makes someone the GOAT? Personally, I would say title defences and longevity at the top of the sport but some seem to disagree and just say dominance.

I like Khabib but I find it hard to include him in goat talk but a ridiculous amount of people say he is. My GOAT list goes
Fedor
GSP
Jones
Aldo
Silva
If people came up with an easy way to determine whether someone is the GOAT or not would be good

Does your Name start with F and surname with E?
giphy.gif

Jokes aside, one factor that is constantly overlooked is time. People still fighting should not be considered.
Barao is a great example.

Revisionism of former opponents of a candidate should always be avoided as it leads to a dead-end (all of a sudden everyone suc*s)

Plus everything else usually taken into account.

I have Fedor

Khabib doesn't just get points for never being touched up in a fight for me. I pick him as the GOAT because I've watched enough MMA than I can pretty much eyeball his skill level. A similar reason I'm so big on Petr Yan right now, who is, to me, a better BW version of Fedor.

A bunch of factors I look at.

Grappling: Khabib
Chin: Khabib
Wrestling: Khabib
Pace: Khabib
Overall Skill: Khabib
Dominance: Khabib
Destroying top 10 p4p fighters: Khabib
Unbeaten streak: Khabib
List of names on resume: Some other guy

Khabib is the best fighter. He just retired early.
I think there is definitely an argument to have him as n1 p4p which is just the best but that's different to greatest of all time.
Doesn't change the fact that he's the best fighter.

Khabib doesn't just get points for never being touched up in a fight for me. I pick him as the GOAT because I've watched enough MMA than I can pretty much eyeball his skill level. A similar reason I'm so big on Petr Yan right now, who is, to me, a better BW version of Fedor.

Missing weight multiple times disqualifies you from the GOAT conversation, especially when you pull out of a title fight hours before weigh-ins because you couldn't make weight.

At ages 19 and 20, Khabib fought his first 4 fights at 155. He then moved up to 170 for 11 of his next 12 fights. He's a natural welterweight.

0479584f419236151a400badf43da35c.gif

The better question is who had the best prime of all the fighters listed? Would have to be Fedor Im thinking.

Back