All Time GOAT poll

And how do you support this argument other than NOT being a GSP fan? The Cash Register certainly disagrees as GSP was, and still would be today a bigger star than both. And Silva's legacy has taken a hit because of hanging so damn long more than steroids. That is one thing GSP has over other GOAT candidates. We did NOT see GSP hang around for years on end, taking 1 bad beating after another..

I don't care about past prime losses to be fair. Anyone can retire at 32 due to the fear of losing.

Maybe against Jon but not Anderson. Both Bones and Silva are roiders but Jon faced the absolute highest competition, I had GSP behind Jon before the PED's.

With Anderson his level of competition had always been a joke in comparison, so I never considered him as the GOAT at any point.

This right here, GSP WW goat for sure but outside of that Jones is the GOAT PEDs aside. GSP beating Bisping was good but Bisping is top-10 MW at best lmao. Silva was great to watch but his competition was weak and the PEDs/getting destroyed later in his career also didn't help.

I don't care about past prime losses to be fair. Anyone can retire at 32 due to the fear of losing.

But we are talking about 3 fighters in 3 different weight classes.. This is NOT like asking the question

"Who was the best boxer in their primes, Frazier, Foreman or Ali"

Well they all fought in the same era, and in the same weight class. Ali was 3-1 total against them. These guys all fought in different classes.. And Silva while he fought at LHW he never would fuck with Jones..

Hendo was ranked top 5 (somewhere around 3 to 5).

Besides being Champion, Serra wasn't a big deal. Fitch was as solid at number 2 as GSP was at number 1.

You think decisioning Fitch was better than finishing Hendo because Fitch was ranked one or two spots higher?

Have you looked at both fighters' reumes?

Even Hardy was #4 at one time. Doesn't mean much.

BTW whatever his reasons were to walk away at, 32 GSP was correct in doing so.. You want to remember the Bulls Jordan, or the Wizards Jordan?

But we are talking about 3 fighters in 3 different weight classes.. This is NOT like asking the question

"Who was the best boxer in their primes, Frazier, Foreman or Ali"

Well they all fought in the same era, and in the same weight class. Ali was 3-1 total against them. These guys all fought in different classes.. And Silva while he fought at LHW he never would fuck with Jones..

Just like GSP would never fight Anderson.

You think decisioning Fitch was better than finishing Hendo because Fitch was ranked one or two spots higher?

Have you looked at both fighters' reumes?

Even Hardy was #4 at one time. Doesn't mean much.

My personal opinion?

Yes.

I think Fitch GSP could have easily been stopped round 1 with little to no protest. The ref made Fitch look like the elephant man in an unnecessary 5 round spectacle that wasn't really competitive.

The Matt Serra II was just a mauling.

Anderson did a great job at finishing Hendo and finding the space to land punches. That said, he was losing the whole fight up to that point, but props to Anderson on fiding a way to win.

Beat guys before, during, and after his generation, won the WW belt twice and MW belt, and never failed a drug test. Even if he isn't the GOAT it's hilarious when the "LOL HURRDURR GSP THE GOAT BECAUSE HE LOST, UHDURRRRR" crew shows up. I think his safer style hurt his image though. He used to finish on a regular basis.

Well that's my point: Wizards Jordan doesn't erase Bulls Jordan.

No because Jordan made it 2 years and out.. Silva should have quit like 10 fights ago.. And GSP all his losses would be used against him. Prime or no prime.. They still use the Serra fight against him now.

Well that's my point: Wizards Jordan doesn't erase Bulls Jordan.

It doesn't erase it but it does weaken legacy.

A lot of people vividly recall Ali's fights when he was fighting well past the point of retirement.

Especially in a singles sport, every W and L is factored in.

GOAT is career spanning and not just prime.

GSP > Silva
If Jones loses at all then im putting them even but GSP was an actual champ and a class act , not an athletic thug like Jones.

GSPs issues were that he is not very entertaining at times, he dosnt do any spinny flashy combos that KO people. He liked to lay on top of people.

It doesn't erase it but it does weaken legacy.

A lot of people vividly recall Ali's fights when he was fighting well past the point of retirement.

Especially in a singles sport, every W and L is factored in.

GOAT is career spanning and not just prime.

If GSP kept going past age 32 at WW, and lost to some of the top WW's at that time.. The narrative about GSP would be "He did NOT Decline, the WW's just got better"

How was GSP overshadowed? You literally just made yet another GOAT thread on Sherdog from the viewpoint of GSP being the best. You wrote a crappy, opinion filled essay, about Silva and Jones around how they match up with GSP in a GOAt conversation. If GSP weren't goat enough to stand on his own, you wouldn't do that.

Literally, the crowd would chant GSP's name during some of Silva's fights. The reverse never happened lol.

GSP stays retired and his haters get saltier and saltier.

Absolutely not like DC being LHW champ. DC lost to Jones twice and got his belt when Jones was suspended.

GSP was clearly the best WW of his era and built the best WW resume there's been thus far. The fact that he went out on top, had more top wins, avenged his losses emphatically, and never popped for PEDs cement his legacy.

Anderson Silva holds nearly all of UFC’s most prestigious records. Silva is the UFC GOAT and it’s not close.

Also, MMA was built on PEDs. Everyone is on steroids including your favorite fighter.

Jones does actually.. More title fight wins than anyone. Basically on top for 10 years..

Anderson Silva holds nearly all of UFC’s most prestigious records. Silva is the UFC GOAT and it’s not close.

Also, MMA was built on PEDs. Everyone is on steroids including your favorite fighter.
Whether they're on PEDs or not, many fighters never tested positive. That's part of the game, too.

Aren't you that guy that posts about GSP more than Anderson?

Fucking lol.

Back