All Time GOAT poll

Lol. This thread was pretty much solved on the first page. Stats speak for themselves. GSP is one of the few guys that made this a sport instead of a circus. Biggest talent is Jones, Ultimate badass is Fedor.

Huh.

Solid post. I agree 100%.

Jones Mousaai Anderson Aldo -
The first tier of " g.o.a.t. ".

Conor would make such a list - lol- just not where he puts himself. Poirier fight spoke VOLUMES where he is at. The problem is when the tough get going , McGregor- well- the tough GET GOING ¿ ¿ ¿

1. Jones
2. GSP
3. Silva
4. Fedor

5. Khabib
6. Johnson
7. Aldo
8. Cormier

Last edited:
It's Fedor for me, but GSP is also the correct answer.

Jones and Silva are amazing, but to me a GOAT can't piss hot in a "clean" org multiple times.

War Fedor
War GSP

I've been more hardcore about boxing and been following MMA since 2010 and in my opinion GSP is the greatest MMA fighter I've seen however I've never understood why Fedor is considered to be GOAT by so many. Looking at his resume... it doesn't look that impressive, he hasn't got a single win over an elite fighter.

Cro Cop arguably his best win... he got absolute destroyed in the UFC, true that he went to the UFC when he was 32 but fighters in the higher weights are usually able to maintain their prime into 36-37. Cro Cop who got beat by Mark Hunt who was completely average in the UFC as well.

Big Nog... same thing, joined the UFC at the age of 30/31... definition of prime age and also got dismantled by everyone.

Fedor beat... what it seems like to me, mostly average fighters, none of them have any distinct achievements and fought when MMA was still fresh and very underdeveloped.

Please I'd love to be educated as to why.

Because a solid 70% of the fanbase on this forum are 35 year olds that can’t turn the page on the past.

Fedor is a legend, but his resume and opponents are questionable.

8e2fdf2d7561c7cb88555f100b014600.gif

There is some truth in what the TS says. Fedor is practically fucking worshiped by his stans on here but he's not the clear GOAT. He's one of the top 2-3 for sure but his stans will tell you nobody is in his class. The problem with that is he fought a higher % of cans compared to someone like Stipe or DC (though not many HWT fights).

Yeah I agree. Based on resume alone he is top 5 HW, but not GOAT.

Because a solid 70% of the fanbase on this forum are 35 year olds that can’t turn the page on the past.

Fedor is a legend, but his resume and opponents are questionable.
You're *ALMOST* right: In reality, a lot of this forum ACTUALLY WATCHED MMA in the late 90's/early 2000's, so they actually know the nuance, circumstances, and context of the fights and fighters at the time. Same goes for boxing, and oh wait, any other sport. OF COURSE NOOBS won't understand why the old Great's were so great. Instead they just scratch their heads and say "B-but any modern fighter would kick their ass".

You've been following mma since 2010 so that would explain alot. I'm getting sick of goat talk. For one reason or another , there is still yet to compare THAT GUY to all standards. Jon Jones has come closest but peds have muddied those waters.Fedor is one of the goats as is gsp . I still dont understand how so many people think gsp is at the very top of the list . Hes not. Actual " cage fighting", his opponents ( which isnt his fault), and REAL longevity keeps him from that top spot. Yes, he had many defenses of title but context/ opponents count. I'd put , at least, a half dozen fighters ahead of gsp
. Again- dont get me wrong- one of the goats.
There is no " goat " in a sport that is still considered young. Jones is the best arguement but again.......

Back