Media Aljo says Kattar is realistic next opponent, wants UFC 299

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Aljo has the youth & being active on his side but can he take/keep Kattar down?

Also I wonder what this means for Max, given Aljo seemed like the only option for him at 145. He was calling for the BMF vs Justin but Ali & Islam are angling for Islam vs Justin. If that's the case maybe an Oliveira/Holloway rematch? I guess the Emmett/Mitchell winner could fight Max if they can turnaround quickly.

Max is probably waiting on the results of the Topuria/Volk fight.

If Topuria wins Max has got next dibs.

Aljo/Kattar is an interesting matchup thpugh. Kattar has some slick hands and we haven't seen him be grappled much so we'll see how he handles it.

Aljo/Kattar is an interesting matchup thpugh. Kattar has some slick hands and we haven't seen him be grappled much so we'll see how he handles it.
I think they'll give Volk an immediate rematch but we'll see

If Topuira wins Volk will receive a rematch that is close to 100% guaranteed for what he has done in that division.If Volk wins I personally feel Max hasn't done enough to warrant a 4th match he'll need 1 more minimum so Aljo vs Max kind of makes sense.

If Topuira wins Volk will receive a rematch that is close to 100% guaranteed for what he has done in that division.If Volk wins I personally feel Max hasn't done enough to warrant a 4th match he'll need 1 more minimum so Aljo vs Max kind of makes sense.
I do think Volk deserves a rematch 100%. I just feel Max is waiting in the wings, especially since Topuria said his plan is to have his 1st defense against Max in Spain.

I’m down for it. Aljo isn’t playing around with these call outs. All tough guys he’s asking for. Respect.
Though he did fuck up his boy Merab's title shot opportunity by waiting to make the move to 145.

Look at Aljo calling out studs at 145, lil fucker trying to get fans after all

I do think Volk deserves a rematch 100%. I just feel Max is waiting in the wings, especially since Topuria said his plan is to have his 1st defense against Max in Spain.

Topuria can plan all he wants, he ain't getting shit or the belt.

They're obviously trying to snub Aljo here. He is a former champ that defended his belt multiple times. He should be fighting a guy that he can earn a title shot off of like Yair or Max, especially since FW isn't loaded with new challenges for the champ. Instead they're offering aljo a guy who he can't justifiably get a title shot off of, oh and that guy happens to have the best tdd stats in the division and Aljo only wants to grapple.

I hope this match happens would be great test for Sterling moving up and i love watching Kattar fight so this would be just great !

After what Aljo accomplished at 135, it's kinda sad that they're making him fight someone like Calvin. I like Kattar, but he simply isn't relevant these days and a win over him doesn't do much for Sterling. He's at the lower end of the Top 10, coming off two losses, fresh off a career-altering injury, and he's inactive. These are all things I can see being used to discredit a victory assuming Aljo does earn one.

I always knew the Max fight was a far-flung hope, but it would have been entertaining. Failing that, I think Aljo deserved either Yair or Ortega rather than booking their absurd rematch.

I’m down for it. Aljo isn’t playing around with these call outs. All tough guys he’s asking for. Respect.
Once one of the fights comes to fruition l, maybe we can say respect. Its quite easy to call ppl out.

Look: hey Poatan, Khamzat, and Jon Jones! I'm calling you all out on a 3 on 1 match!!!

299 is super stacked which means UFC 300 will be filled with legends fighting and Journey men fighting

I was just thinking that!

Kattar isn't the highest level featherweight, but he's actually sneaky good. Some of his losses make him look worse than he is, I reckon.

I suppose, though, if Aljo can't beat someone like Kattar he can forget a run at the belt.

Back