• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Aljo confirms he was not out

He was knocked down and it was a good one, but there was zero knock OUT.

Bizarre that this labeling is still being used incorrectly..

You mean a stoppage when the champ wasn't totally out?

gsp vs serra 1? aljo was hurt as bad as gsp for sure.. a few more punches and a ref breaking up the fight would have woken gsp up too from serra's barrage

another fight (i think) was cerrone vs. dos anjos for interim and dos anjos plastered him standing

He was out at first, he couldn’t even stand after the stoppage. Another couple shots and he would’ve been out cold

The ref asked her m where he was and he didn’t know. He claimed later in the post press conference that he said he didn’t know because Massachusetts isn’t a state he ever goes to, lmao.

If the ref would have stopped the fight after hammer fist 4-5 like it should have, this stupid debate would not even be a thing

Considering some of the stoppages I’ve seen people complain about, it’s kind of funny many are acting like it’s a perfect stoppage. Now, it’s not an egregious stoppage, but I found the timing of it to be odd. Stopping it earlier would have seemed better but stepping in when he goes to his hands and knees, which was a changing of positions and into one where he potentially could have gotten up was better than laying on his back eating shots like he was prior.

I just feel like the one major thing you want to see out of a guy that’s hurt is they don’t stop moving, which he didn’t. He didn’t just cover up, he kept trying to kick away and kept trying to get his legs between them. Again, not the worst stoppage but I find it surprising so many are adamant it wasn’t remotely questionable given the complaints I’ve seen over the years.

Agreed with everything. I think part of it is Aljo is unpopular eg people perceive his DQ win over Yan as acting

You gotta give Sean credit for not kneeing or kicking a downed opponent in the head like the low iq Yan did. Gotta give Sean props for beating Aljo legitimately without cheating like Yan did when he got dq'd.
Wait, so, we're swinging so hard now that we're commending him for playing by the rules, too?

Ffs

Are you holding his previous PED infractions against him? If playing by the rules warrants commending, you kinda have to go both ways, right?

I used to want to root for Sterling but as he's an unauthentic clown (who somewhat redeemed himself with his speech post-fight) it was very hard. This makes it harder once again.

Also, seeing as this is a @D 1 Wrestler thread:

mcgregor-vs-khabib.gif

If Dagestan wrestling was easy we'd call it D1 Wresrling.

Not a Aljo fan, but I agree the fight should not have been stopped yet.

It’s a championship fight, make a guy put you out cold.

You gotta give Sean credit for not kneeing or kicking a downed opponent in the head like the low iq Yan did. Gotta give Sean props for beating Aljo legitimately without cheating like Yan did when he got dq'd.
Gotta give Yan props for beating sugar shins

<Rodgers1>

Not going to defend him, he was hurt and in a terrible spot, but i do believe the stoppage wasnt great, i wanted Sterling to win but props to Omalley, proved he belongs and beat the champion.

Aljamain stayed down and quit.

Doesn't make 1 bit of difference if he was "out"; THE CUR QUIT.

Got news for everybody, when you stay down, you're a quitter.

Real fighters try to get up ...

Maybe he was just acting?

AH-HA! I heard he was into some acting.
He got a taste of it in some independent film called 'UFC 259'. He played a young black man taking a knee...for Social Justice. It wasn't very convincing. His acting is so bad I that I don't remember a black guy being in the art film!

'UFC 259' Trailer:

upload_2023-8-23_18-34-1.gif

Attachments

• upload_2023-8-23_18-32-40.gif
    upload_2023-8-23_18-32-40.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

I know you're trolling but Yan was winning that fight he did not kneed ( :) )that knee.

He kneed Aljo because he was abusing the rules and baiting that knee.

When in a fight are you supposed to get on your knees in front of a man?

Unless you're proposing or trying to suck him off, there's no reason to kneel in front of a man like this.

I know you're trolling but Yan was winning that fight he did not kneed ( :) )that knee.

He kneed Aljo because he was abusing the rules and baiting that knee.

When in a fight are you supposed to get on your knees in front of a man?

Unless you're proposing or trying to suck him off, there's no reason to kneel in front of a man like this.
So Yan forgot how to punch? LMAO you yangurls are all the same. Yan is stupid and made the dumbest and most illegal strike in the history of UFC title fights. And why did Yan win the 2nd fight? Aljo turned him into a fish out of water.

So Yan forgot how to punch? LMAO you yangurls are all the same. Yan is stupid and made the dumbest and most illegal strike in the history of UFC title fights. And why did Yan win the 2nd fight? Aljo turned him into a fish out of water.
Aljo grabbed his hands so he could not punch.

Sherdog is fickle as a MF when they don't like a guy.
What Aljo said was more than fair, and he didn't look out at all. He took some shots, but he was defending and trying to get out of the way the whole time. The ref immediately calling the fight the milisecond Aljo turned to his back was premature---and a lot of people would be agreeing if this was another fighter.

It wasn't like O'Malley had him pinned down in an indefensible position and was teeing off on him. There was plenty of room for a lot of things to happen there.

Back