Media Aljo confirms he was not out

sure-thing.gif

He can say whatever he wants, and it doesn't matter if he was "out" or not. He was getting blasted and offered no resistance to around ten totally unanswered blows. He didn't need to be out, that's why it's called a technical knockout

This.

He got got. He just needs to accept it. Fighters always say this same dumb shit after a loss.

I mean Algo did move quite a bit and got to his knees .. .

Thats alot of movement for someones whos apparently out..

Also funny the UFC ref decided to stop the fight just he was getting to his Turtle position a position he's used several times before to recover and get back into the fight... Thats all ill say but ya ..

FluidLiquidCranefly-mobile.jpg

Considering some of the stoppages I’ve seen people complain about, it’s kind of funny many are acting like it’s a perfect stoppage. Now, it’s not an egregious stoppage, but I found the timing of it to be odd. Stopping it earlier would have seemed better but stepping in when he goes to his hands and knees, which was a changing of positions and into one where he potentially could have gotten up was better than laying on his back eating shots like he was prior.

I just feel like the one major thing you want to see out of a guy that’s hurt is they don’t stop moving, which he didn’t. He didn’t just cover up, he kept trying to kick away and kept trying to get his legs between them. Again, not the worst stoppage but I find it surprising so many are adamant it wasn’t remotely questionable given the complaints I’ve seen over the years.

He was not out. Ok. Was Sugar very accurate or was Aljo no longer intelligently defending? I think that one is more controversial. I had a hard time deciding if he was still effectively avoiding strikes...cuz those hammerfists were not missing much.

He was not out. Ok. Was Sugar very accurate or was Aljo no longer intelligently defending? I think that one is more controversial. I had a hard time deciding if he was still effectively avoiding strikes...cuz those hammerfists were not missing much.
To me he was moving but still get bombed on anyway

Not a terrible stoppage but a bit early imo. He was in big trouble but still trying to improve position. I can understand why he doesn't agree with the ref's call.
But probably better long term. There's a high chance he would've been knocked out cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back