• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Aljo confirms he was not out

Getting hit in the head is incredibly bad for someone's brain and body. Its a part of the sport, if someone doesn't like watching people get hurt maybe switch to watching track and field.
You clearly never seen a hamstring pull or blown Achilles.

Well I’m going to inform you that it’s not about not being able to fight again or dying. It’s about being the same fighter. If you look at brutal wars or late stoppages, they change a fighter for the worse because of damage. Youre welcome
many people would agree that tony changed after the beating from justin gaethje. but the stoppage by herb dean was just right. tony's style is to blame and not herb for his reffing in that fight.

youre welcome

many people would agree that tony changed after the beating from justin gaethje. but the stoppage by herb dean was just right. tony's style is to blame and not herb for his reffing in that fight.

youre welcome
Yes some people’s fight styles are different than others. When you are being ground and pounded it has nothing to do with someone’s fight style.
Youre welcome once again

Boy the ref don’t want it to get to that point lmao.

You fell FACE FIRST to the canvas and got hit with 3, accurate strikes to the face after said face plant.

Aesthetically contentious but from a ref perspective, he saved you from more impending damage.

Just take the L dude damn.

shit happens, you got caught slippin. And I hate Sterling but he’s been pretty humble in his loss; so, I imagine Sterling felt more comfortable to be more forthright about how he genuinely feels about the fight since he’s on a podcast or whatever.

But shut up guy.

Yes some people’s fight styles are different than others. When you are being ground and pounded it has nothing to do with someone’s fight style.
Youre welcome once again
1. they can always tap to strikes or quit mid fight like nick diaz.
2. sterling was still moving, he deserved more time to recover especially because of the magnitude of the fight.
3. it was a bad stoppage, period. deal with it. trying to move away from strikes/get back up should count as "intelligent deffence".
4. the last "late and bad" stoppage i recall was schevchenko vs cachoeira, with the strike count being like 170 to 5. Doesnt seem to me like it impaired her much. Its one thing to allow a prolonged beating of an outclassed fighter and its another thing when someone gets hurt ONCE in a fight and is trying to recover.

Maybe refs should start calling off the fights on every knockdown then? Or give them a 10 count to see if they recover ? lmao you are dumb

1. they can always tap to strikes or quit mid fight like nick diaz.
2. sterling was still moving, he deserved more time to recover especially because of the magnitude of the fight.
3. it was a bad stoppage, period. deal with it. trying to move away from strikes/get back up should count as "intelligent deffence".
4. the last "late and bad" stoppage i recall was schevchenko vs cachoeira, with the strike count being like 170 to 5. Doesnt seem to me like it impaired her much. Its one thing to allow a prolonged beating of an outclassed fighter and its another thing when someone gets hurt ONCE in a fight and is trying to recover.

Maybe refs should start calling off the fights on every knockdown then? Or give them a 10 count to see if they recover ? lmao you are dumb
Sure bud

Hilarious to read all of the mentally inept here posting their "witty comments," because they're too dim to realize the plain-as-day reality that a guy kicking and scrambling clearly isn't unconscious.

He was not out. Ok. Was Sugar very accurate or was Aljo no longer intelligently defending? I think that one is more controversial. I had a hard time deciding if he was still effectively avoiding strikes...cuz those hammerfists were not missing much.

My observation so far as the stoppage being premature was that Sterling was being active and moving to avoid damage, then the moment he rolled the opposite way the referee intervened, which left a big question mark.

I wouldn't call it egregious, but it was definitely questionable.

he didnt block a single shot either, it was suga with the occasional miss

not blocking = not intelligently defending

I didn't think he was out cold but he was dropped and too many unanswered shots. I thought ref let it go on as long as it needed to go. Aljo did typical block most of the legal openings and leave illegal ones wide open. Sean sniped in between them. Aljo could have swapped to guard or attempted to get up on his feet.

lol @ anyone acting like Aljo took an extraordinary amount of punishment.
The stoppage was early, but Sean still would've won. Doesn't make the stoppage any better, stop defending it.

This was a title fight, ffs.

Reactions: Yep
I used to want to root for Sterling but as he's an unauthentic clown (who somewhat redeemed himself with his speech post-fight) it was very hard. This makes it harder once again.

Also, seeing as this is a @D 1 Wrestler thread:

mcgregor-vs-khabib.gif
Rent free

Those who claim bad stoppage have not been punched in the face before. It hurts lol.

He just sat there for like at least a minute after the fight was over.

Who is he kidding that he wasn't rocked?

Stoppage may have been a tad early but it's heat of the moment and he's not improving position and just getting blasted in the face with punches. It's not a terrible stoppage.
indeed, if you watch the replay, this was a minute after the tko
suga already outside and took a sip of the beer and returned it

View media item 35932

Fighters who take too much damage for the most part should blame themselves for their style and not the ref for not jumping in to stop the fight when someone gets slightly hurt with a shot. And its up to their coaches/families/friends to suggest that they should retire or something.

and especially in title fights of that magnitude the ref should let it go a little longer. jon vs dc2 was a good stoppage for a fight of such caliber and you can disagree but i dont care honestly.

Yes but you're missing the main point - it's up to the ref to stop a fight if the fighter has taken too much consecutive damage and they're not defending themselves.

Back