• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Aljo confirms he was not out

Early stoppage for sure. He was moving to try and get up or a different position since he was being teed off on and the ref stopped the fight. Tough break

He went limp and came back a couple times. He also wasn't defending himself at all.

He got hit with a couple good shots, but I've seen worse. Most importantly, it looked like he spun to his knees and was about to stand up when the ref jumped in. I thought it was a bit early, but whatever.

Sherdog is fickle as a MF when they don't like a guy.
What Aljo said was more than fair, and he didn't look out at all. He took some shots, but he was defending and trying to get out of the way the whole time. The ref immediately calling the fight the milisecond Aljo turned to his back was premature---and a lot of people would be agreeing if this was another fighter.

It wasn't like O'Malley had him pinned down in an indefensible position and was teeing off on him. There was plenty of room for a lot of things to happen there.

Not so Goddard stopped it as he was getting up.

<36>

Considering some of the stoppages I’ve seen people complain about, it’s kind of funny many are acting like it’s a perfect stoppage. Now, it’s not an egregious stoppage, but I found the timing of it to be odd. Stopping it earlier would have seemed better but stepping in when he goes to his hands and knees, which was a changing of positions and into one where he potentially could have gotten up was better than laying on his back eating shots like he was prior.

I just feel like the one major thing you want to see out of a guy that’s hurt is they don’t stop moving, which he didn’t. He didn’t just cover up, he kept trying to kick away and kept trying to get his legs between them. Again, not the worst stoppage but I find it surprising so many are adamant it wasn’t remotely questionable given the complaints I’ve seen over the years.
Obligatory racism claim.... its because people are racist.

Ref did his job and stepped in and saved you. Good stoppage. No controversy whatsoever. I don’t need to see Aljo stiffened and motionless for 2 minutes to know O’Malley beat him fair and square.

copium-cat.gif

I wasn’t out. I fall down like that and let people dribble my head all the time.

Out doesn’t matter. He wasn’t intelligently defending himself. Fights over man.

You gotta give Sean credit for not kneeing or kicking a downed opponent in the head like the low iq Yan did. Gotta give Sean props for beating Aljo legitimately without cheating like Yan did when he got dq'd.

checktheknuckles liked by Righttobearknuckles hmmmmm

The footage is misleading without showing the punch that dropped him.

i would have liked to see him go out on his shield too.

we all have seen worse stoppages, he took quite a few clean shots to the head.

he was compromised, was never going to do anything after that

except hold and stall anyways.

Early stoppage for sure. He was moving to try and get up or a different position since he was being teed off on and the ref stopped the fight. Tough break
Moving and still getting bombed on isnt enough.

Back