Alexis' beating changed my mind on WMMA .....

there is a difference from watching a male get their face smashed in, to watching a chick get a beating, for most males anyway.

A one-sided fight where someone is clearly out of their depth and should be stopped/pulled out (Cain JDS 3 springs to mind) makes me uncomfortable, no matter what gender. I see your point, though.

The beatings Cain gave Junior probably shortened his career if not life by five years. In comparison this was nothing.

If you mean because the pathetic lack of skill for a professional athlete then I agree. If you mean because you had to see a women get beat up then you're an idiot.

Exactly the first part about lack of skill to defend anything as a professional fighter. She seemed to have lost heart and just get punched until the final bell.

She clearly does not belong in the UFC. Why did she get signed? Makes the UFC look bad signing these fighters that clearly should not be in the UFC

The beatings Cain gave Junior probably shortened his career if not life by five years. In comparison this was nothing.

This.

The Cain-JDS beatings, and the Maldonado-Glover beatings made my stomach turn, this fight didn't even make me wince.

She clearly does not belong in the UFC. Why did she get signed? Makes the UFC look bad signing these fighters that clearly should not be in the UFC

Because she was 5-0 with 5 first round finishes 3 by TKO (punches) 2 by sub.

there is a difference from watching a male get their face smashed in, to watching a chick get a beating, for most males anyway.

You ever watched women's kickboxing? these girls are pros its not like a street fight. Good fight!

Was it Cyborg v Jan Finney level?

I don't think so, this fight was 1 sided but not flash KO power punches, just pitter patter shots that bloodied her nose never once put her on a loop or wobbled her.

best wmma fight ever.

lol.gif

all hail!

The ufc should be at fault for this, this broad came in at 160 for her 140 lb catch weight fight with kim couture. Somehow she gets a ufc contract to fight at a weight she never made. Comes in over weight for her ufc debut loses while looking like shit then comes in over weight again & looks even worst. I wouldn't be surprised if she was destroying herself to make that weight.

I felt crappy after watching cyborg vs Carino. Cyborg gets busted for PEDs later made sense to me. It seemed unfair. That's pretty much why I dislike Cyborg. Before that fight I liked her - I liked her smile.

The ending of the third round, Alexis taking those punches, just made me react in a primordial way where I just hated watching a woman get destructed.

It isn't good to have such a mismatch.

But at least Alexis had an opportunity to show that a woman can be very tough and can show a lot of heart in the face of taking a beating. It helps to blow away stereotypes.

I've seen much worse. Rogan with the persuasive hyperbole yet again.

Glover/Maldanado, Bader/Perosh, and Cain/JDS 2 &3 were much worse.

Back