Alexis' beating changed my mind on WMMA .....

Was it Cyborg v Jan Finney level?
It wasn't Cyborg Finney level. Jan Finney was never the same and from what I hear she is already having health issues related to that fight. On the other hand Dufresne was an overhyped fighter in a weight class she has no business fighting in who got her ass kicked and will recover.

all hail!

Amen!

2mfz01w.gif

Took me a long time to get over it as well after Cyborg vs Finney.

and people wonder why i hate it. it's usually some man beast vs some chick that thinks she's tough, and it just doesn't seem fair.

People don't wonder why you hate it. Your opinion on WMMA isn't that important in the large scheme of life.

It wasn't Cyborg Finney level. Jan Finney was never the same and from what I hear she is already having health issues related to that fight. On the other hand Dufresne was an overhyped fighter in a weight class she has no business fighting in who got her ass kicked and will recover.

Oh shit, now THAT was a real beating.

I get it's hard to see a woman get beat up trust me. But another woman was doing it. Acceptable imo. Women's MMA was added. Not women's kiddy semi pro MMA. Beatdowns will happen. UFC just needs to make sure they are signing girls who can hold their own. Prolly tough to scout well when the talent poll is thin and spread out. I do think too much blood on a woman will make many casuals turn the channel though. Then again MMA is blacked out in Germany cuz of Struve bleeding everywhere and he won and he's a man so who knows.

How is this Damm-Dunham fight not worse than the wmma fight? Just as lopsided and Dunham hits a lot harder than Reneau.

Why is it more difficult because she's a woman?

I don't get this, these are women who want to fight and know the risks, don't patronize them. That fight was hard to watch but it would have been just as bad as a mens fight. And remember, a man would have to take much more severe damage over the same time even at the same weight.

the skill disparity is much greater with the women though, the referee shouldnt be afraid to stop the fight when there is such a huge gap and her corner was useless too.

So does Damm not belong in the UFC? Should we stop watching male MMA?

Why is it more difficult because she's a woman?

I don't get this, these are women who want to fight and know the risks, don't patronize them. That fight was hard to watch but it would have been just as bad as a mens fight. And remember, a man would have to take much more severe damage over the same time even at the same weight.

the skill disparity is much greater with the women though, the referee shouldnt be afraid to stop the fight when there is such a huge gap and her corner was useless too.

I get where TS is coming from; dudes are hard-wired to want to protect chicks so it's hard to see that shit. Keeping the fact that women know the risks and still want to fight helps but not much. It's not patronizing to feel pity, especially on an instinctual level.

I get where TS is coming from; dudes are hard-wired to want to protect chicks so it's hard to see that shit. Keeping the fact that women know the risks and still want to fight helps but not much. It's not patronizing to feel pity, especially on an instinctual level.

I'm a man and I enjoy watching women beat each other just as much as I enjoy watching men do it.

I don't think this white knight syndrome is hardwired.

Alexis should not have changed anyone's opinion for the better on WMMA, but credit to her 37 year old opponent who had better fundamental striking than Dunham or Damm, and the two before them.

The talent level in WMMA is low. As a result, people like this are allowed to fight in the big leagues.

Get Strikeforce rules and gloves, no more elbows

Allow some soccer kicks to

That is absolutely uncalled for; think of the kids who could be looking at this site right now and you dare post that, possibly subjecting them to that deplorable act of violence. Shame sir, for shame.

Back