Alexis' beating changed my mind on WMMA .....

Nah, just don't watch. Turn away, turn the channel etc. I give her a lot for sticking in there.

However, she shouldn't have fought in the UFC. She's not good enough. The UFC shouldn't sign such amateurs. She was so far below the other woman in terms of skill. That fight should have never happened.

men can get beaten to a pulp but women can't?

talk about chauvinism and sexism

Of course not.....My point is in theory I am all for woman competing in contact sports. The ending of the third round, Alexis taking those punches, just made me react in a primordial way where I just hated watching a woman get destructed. I had a very visceral reaction to a woman getting beat.

uhh talk to your therapist..:?

There's still a long way until WMMA reaches UFC 1 level of skill.

Both fighters were pros about it all. I wouldn't judge a sport by one example, but I agree this was difficult to watch. Regarding making weight- I personally will be more strict about weight division in WMMA when there are more of them to choose from.

Was this at 145?

That vid is evidence why the ufc doesn't need a women's division over 135.

That fight was pretty much 155+. Dufresne's opponent pulled out and Brown stepped in on a few minutes notice. (Probably an audience member, that promotion XFS is known for those kinds of fights.)

To my knowledge Alexis Dufresne hasn't actually made weight for any of her fights. She's mostly fought at lightweight with one fight planned for featherweight and three now for bantamweight - all of which she has missed weight. At least her attempts to get to 135lbs has been getting closer over time. The sever weight cut can't help Dufesne's fighting but that doesn't alter the fact that she doesn't have the skills to be competing against the kinds of opponents she will face in the UFC.

Dufresne ought to be fighting in other promotions at higher weight classes. Only her ground game is decent for Invicta's featherweight division, most featherweights have much better stand up then she does. Invicta does have a fledgling lightweight division she coud fit into.

No matter where she ends up she needs to get better training (get serious about standup at least), make weight, and fight some lower level but decent opponents.

I wasn't happy seeing Dufresne make it into the UFC from the start. I knew she hadn't made weight at 135lbs and that her opposition had been pretty poor. There were then, as now, better fighters who can and do make the weight and have the skills to be in the UFC.

I disliked Dfresne moreso then the very questionable (though lovely) addition of Alexandra Albu.

And I'm gald they picked up Marion Reneau. Knowing she is 37 and change left me fearing the UFC would skip out on her. It was great seeing her get picked up by Invicta. (Great, crushing win, for Reneau in her UFC debut! Congrats.)

As a trivia note. Reneau used to fight at featherweight.

Last edited:
Watching a woman get battered by another is VERY comforting to me.

The referee and the lady's corner both deserve a good beating.

They should have pulled her out between rounds or in the 3rd after the beating resumed. She was so grotesquely out-classed.

Back