• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Alexander Volkanovski: "You deserve one in Abu Dhabi. My turn to get booed."

Nonsense.

Gamrot is PISSED.

I think a lot of guys would have loved that opportunity.

The interesting question is... did they not have a backup for this fight organised? If not, why not? They usually do.

BJ vs Hughes no?

Dunno if he had a full camp or not, definitely possible but it seemed short notice.
potentially, it's been so far back. someones saying bisping with rockhold. there's a chance, but IMO would've been much better with a full fight camp. hope Volk pulls it out this time

I cant remeber anyone going up in weight on short notice title fight before but Bisping bodied Rockhold to take the title with two week training camp. Volk is a beast athlete and treats the game like a pro would. Im sure he is fine but Islam is so good it might not matter anyway.
it was a 5 round war with a full fight camp. hope volk can get it done.

Volk would fight Islam in Sildi,Dagestan if theres a belt in it for him

My pick was Beneil (despite losing to Charles, but Charles is out).

<Fedor23>
But he got stopped and recently at that. Never understood why so many people hate fight rivalries & trilogies.

Maybe it’s the Boxing fan in me, but Edgar v Maynard 3, Ortiz v Liddell II, Sonnen v Silva II, Garbrandt v Dillashaw II, Colby v Usman II, Fedor v Nog II, Jones v DC II were all title fights and rematches. Some, if not most are timeless MMA fights.

I think the greatest fight of all time was Rampage v Wand II which was a title fight & a rematch. Conor v Nate II wasn’t a title fight but it was still a rematch and it’s in my top 5 all time fights. (Not to mention all the great all time Boxing bouts that were rematches, rivalries, and/or trilogies.)

But he got stopped and recently at that. Never understood why so many people hate fight rivalries & trilogies.

Maybe it’s the Boxing fan in me, but Edgar v Maynard 3, Ortiz v Liddell II, Sonnen v Silva II, Garbrandt v Dillashaw II, Colby v Usman II Fedor v Nog II, Jones v DC II were all title fights and rematches. I think the greatest fight of all time was Rampage v Wand II which was a title fight & rematch. Conor v Nate II wasn’t a title fight but it was still a rematch and it’s in my top 5 all time fights. (Not to mention all the great all time Boxing bouts that were rematches, rivalries, and/or trilogies.)

I feel like I've been through this conversation too many times already to want to get into it again right now, lol.

I feel like I've been through this conversation too many times already to want to get into it again right now, lol.
You’d rather see a guy that just got finished over a guy who lost a competitive bout? The latter is also looking like an all time great in contrast to a fighter that seems good, but in a flavor of the month, trendy way?
{<huh}

Pretty bland fight. Short notice and unlikely the outcome will be different this time. Oliveira fight is possibly the only fight I’d find interesting even if he got smeshed. Volk is the second best option though even if it’s not a good one. Gamrot fight feels like a complete waste of a title fight.

You’d rather see a guy that just got finished over a guy who lost a competitive bout? The latter is also looking like an all time great in contrast to a fighter that seems good, but in a flavor of the month, trendy way?
{<huh}

It's like you completely missed the quote that you replied to, lol.

Pretty bland fight. Short notice and unlikely the outcome will be different this time. Oliveira fight is possibly the only fight I’d find interesting even if he got smeshed. Volk is the second best option though even if it’s not a good one. Gamrot fight feels like a complete waste of a title fight.
You find Olivera fight more interesting than Volk who arguably beat Islam and at very least took him to the absolute limit ?! The same Olivera who got pimp slapped and raped by Islam ?!

Gaethje won’t but all of the top 10 have at least beaten a ranked LW. Volko is 0-1 and getting a second shot, absolutely #1 bullshit !
Hey if you'd rather Islam fight Hooker again given he's ranked inside the top 10 own it. Say it proud.

You find Olivera fight more interesting than Volk who arguably beat Islam and at very least took him to the absolute limit ?! The same Olivera who got pimp slapped and raped by Islam ?!
Rape is a little far I mean Costa got raped by Izzy but Chucky was more like sexually assaulted. Had some balls in his face and maybe a finger stuck up his butt, that’s pretty much it though. Islam was definitely coming to finish the job though so can’t really blame Olives for ducking out

Rape is a little far I mean Costa got raped by Izzy but Chucky was more like sexually assaulted. Had some balls in his face and maybe a finger stuck up his butt, that’s pretty much it though. Islam was definitely coming to finish the job though so can’t really blame Olives for ducking out
Yeah bad choice of words I admit.

Hey if you'd rather Islam fight Hooker again given he's ranked inside the top 10 own it. Say it proud.
At least he has a win over Haqparast , Volko doesn’t even have that. Hooker also finishes fights . If you want a champion from another weight class with less finishes than Volko you might as well have Carla Esparza fight Islam.

Back