• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alexander Volkanovski is one of the most uninteresting champs in UFC history

Imagine watching that masterclass last night and coming to this conclusion. An absolute one way traffic style blowout and you use it to hate on a fighter. What a joke, lol.

Alex is one of my favorite fighters, super technical and great fight iq.

Volk haters just going to live with the fact that he is just going to keep winning

People make lots of excuses, but overtime the results will be undeniable

I am Aussie so I have some bias, and I think he is an incredibly dominant and elite tier fighter, but I agree his style is not super exciting. Going by champs records, as I recall Volk and Usman have the highest number of UFC wins by decision out of all the champs, which is clearly part of it. I give him maximum respect, and I think he is one of the best of the best, but I do also agree that he is a little uninteresting. That being said, I found Khabib pretty uninteresting too, as I am not a huge fan of the Dagestan style of tying up your opponents limbs with wrestling and smothering them. Again, I respect it as a dominating style, but I do not find it particularly interesting to watch.

Full respect to Volk though, dude is an absolute machine.

Imagine watching that masterclass last night and coming to this conclusion. An absolute one way traffic style blowout and you use it to hate on a fighter. What a joke, lol.

could I ask why this thread was moved? It was a relevant discussion.

Since the TUF season with volk and ortega I find him annoying. Not really sure why, I think it’s the cockiness I dislike

But he’s a good en dominant fighter

Does anyone actually look forward to watching this guy fight? Like seriously, who cares? Not one person on earth has ever said “I can’t wait for the next Volkanovski fight”
I had to look up to see who he was and how he became champ, that's how boring that division along with 145 division is.

It would actually help. It’s been scientifically proven that we enjoy sporting events more when there is something to invest in. We don’t care about the sport aspect, we care about the story.
Care to share your scientifically accurate sources?

So the 2nd fight was razor close, but surely you agree he beat Max the first time, no one rational outside of the Max camp thinks Max won that fight, and I think even upon reflection Max concurred that he lost the first fight, so is that a round about way of saying you respect Volk already?

Max won both fights, I think the only ppl that don’t believe this are Volk fans.

Back