• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alex Pereira surpasses Jon Jones in the official UFC P4P Rankings

Deserved?

• Total voters
Dana White must be having a seizure based on how he goes berzerk for undeservedly fanboying over Jon Jones.

My uBlock settings completely block malicious trackers, so sites like Instagram don't even load at all. So it's Islam, Pereira, Jones? Honestly, Jones lost to Reyes and is disqualified from the P4P list. Also arguably lost to Santos. 1, 2 and 5.

Jones looked like trash 3 times and good once and has fought 1 time in 4 years 4 months. He's not P4P #1 at all and him fighting an aged out Stipe and retiring doesn't help that either.

I don't get why Dana has such a hard on for P4P rankings for Jones, the dude is well passed his prime. He is the greatest fighter to ever live, I think being the GOAT is a good enough useless subjective "ranking".

Current P4P ranking absolutely. Not #1.

We still have to face the fact he's probably #1 or #2 in UFC history though, which is fair enough.

As much as I love Islam I think Pereira should be #1, the way he dusted both Jiri and Hill, 2 recent champs was unbelivable, Islam went life and death against a guy that despite being very good was never close to be a champ and have a foot already out of the game.

Dana White fuming.

On a serious note, Alex SHOULD be higher than Jones in the p4p list, and it shouldn't be debatable.
I don’t think Dana is pissed actually. He knows Jones is rapidly growing out of public favor, putting Pereira at the #1 spot is a subtle power move to remind Jones to not wait too long, the situation isn’t sustainable much longer.

He knows Jones is insecure enough to guarantee he’s going to react to this.

Jones should have an honorable mention somewhere cause hes that good, but he doesnt belong in current p4p rankings. The guy doesnt fight.

The truth is, Alex should be rated higher than Islam as well.

When did Islam ever move up in weight, and compete at WW, in order to deserve any P4P ranking?

Last I recall, the midget freaking garden gnome, Alexander Volkanovski, moved up in weight, dropped Makhachev, and came arguably close to beating him.

That is not the stuff by which P4P status is earned.
If anything, the close fight with Volk should diminish Islam, not elevate him.

Alex Pereira is the only man, in the entire UFC, to 1) become Champion is a lighter division, and then 2) to have moved up to a higher division, and defeat FOUR current or former Champions in that higher division.

This shouldn't even be a debate.

Alex also was *recently* knocked out by a middleweight, won a split over an old man, and then however stylish it was he finished 2 opponents who were returning from lengthy injury layoffs. Cool your jets on P4P #1 lol. <lmao>

Let's see Pereira beat Ankalaev and then he'd have a significantly stronger case imo.

Last edited:
Yeah but then you give an even stupider opinion that counteracts a fact. The fact that Jones got his hand raised and won that fight.

bUt ReyEs bEAt JoNEs... that's why Reyes got that L on his record asshat.

He barely got a gift decision against Reyes. Not so fuckin obvious that he's better then, is it, Einstein?

Alex also was *recently* knocked out by a middleweight, won a split over an old man, and then however stylish it was he finished 2 opponents who were returning from lengthy injury layoffs. Cool your jets on P4P #1 lol. <lmao>

Let's see Pereira beat Ankalaev and then he'd have a significantly stronger case imo.

Ankalaev is a POS.

You take is so biased it's laughable.

Ankalaev's claim to fame is.
  • Getting finished by multi-loser, Paul Craig;
  • Barely beating multi-loser, and ex-middleweight, Thiago Santos;
  • Beating multi-loser, Anthony Smith;
  • Getting "a draw" on the same "old man" Alex Pereira beat (Jan Błachowicz);
  • Beating laughable, multi-loser Johnnie Walker.
So sit down and shaddap.

Ankalaev is a freaking joke, who hasn't beaten anybody of note.

Alex's resume in the last year is better than anything Ankalaev will ever achieve in his lifetime.

Of course it’s deserved, he’s just made two title defences in the space of 3 months or so.

Made two former champions look helpless.

He barely got a gift decision against Reyes. Not so fuckin obvious that he's better then, is it, Einstein?
You can stay on that narrative. But 11 title defense and 2 division champ makes it fuckin obvious that he's better then. Or is that hard to grasp Einstein?

P4P isn't about your overall career resume/accolades. Jones has 1 win in 4 yrs, & before that, his last 2 fights was Santos & Reyes. Santos was a split dec (I do think Jones deserved the win) & Reyes was a very controversial dec (I think Reyes won, & so does overwhelming majority of fans/media scorecards). So yea, Jones isn't P4P #1 currently, P4P isn't the same as GOAT

I don't disagree with this based on activity, etc.

Current P4P and GOAT lists are entirely different things though.

Back