• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alex Pereira surpasses Jon Jones in the official UFC P4P Rankings

Deserved?

• Total voters

The truth is, Alex should be rated higher than Islam as well.

When did Islam ever move up in weight, and compete at WW, in order to deserve any P4P ranking?

Last I recall, the midget freaking garden gnome, Alexander Volkanovski, moved up in weight, dropped Makhachev, and came arguably close to beating him.

That is not the stuff by which P4P status is earned.
If anything, the close fight with Volk should diminish Islam, not elevate him.

Alex Pereira is the only man, in the entire UFC, to 1) become Champion is a lighter division, and then 2) to have moved up to a higher division, and defeat FOUR current or former Champions in that higher division.

This shouldn't even be a debate.

Jones looked like trash 3 times and good once and has fought 1 time in 4 years 4 months. He's not P4P #1 at all and him fighting an aged out Stipe and retiring doesn't help that either.

I don't get why Dana has such a hard on for P4P rankings for Jones, the dude is well passed his prime. He is the greatest fighter to ever live, I think being the GOAT is a good enough useless subjective "ranking".

So is this proof that Dana White does not control the rankings?

Or is the pink goof playing mind games?
I think Dana is honestly trying to set up a potential matchup between Pereira and Jones.

The more I think about it, the more I believe Jon Jones WILL NOT accept the Blaydes/Aspinall winner as a backup opponent for his fight with Stipe. I'm sure with all the recent fight cancellations, Dana is thinking about the very real possibility that Stipe gets injured and cannot fight Jon Jones at UFC 309.

In the case where Stipe is injured and Dana cannot convince Jones to fight the Blaydes/Aspinall winner, he might be able to convince Jones to fight Pereira as a short-notice replacement. By ranking Pereira above Jones on the P4P, he's subtly pushing Jon to want to fight him.

Last edited:
Back