Aldo's going to dominate Holloway

Aldo's greater lowkicking ability seems like it could limit any advantage from Holloway's longer legs as well.

Again I think the big difference compared to Pettis(well besides Aldo having more heart than him post RDA beating) is that Aldo has MUCH better counter boxing. Pettis has always been a bit weak when it comes to punishing people who try and close the distance with him where as Aldo has an excellent jab that I think Max will be wearing a lot if he tries to push forward the way he did at the weekend.

His biggest hope for me would be that maybe he can test Aldo's cardio but that doesn't actually seem like as big an issue as it was in his earlier UFC run.
Aldo had better cardio than Frankie last fight, I think that issue has been fixed

I_think_you_d_be_surprised_tees_are_available_NOW_only_www_theFighterandtheKidShop_com_Brendan_Schaub_Instagram_Po-82248.jpg

But for real... This is one of those fights that is going to be reeeeeally interesting & good. Max has established himself to the point where he isn't one of the past guy's that Aldo fought where everyone had a bunch of confidence Aldo was taking it. No doubt in my mind it will be competitive if not Aldo's toughest fight. This is a great match up & we could see an upset.

I would say 100% but you posted Brenda's picture, so only 90%

neutralize is the word I would use rather than dominate. another 48-47 Aldo snoozer
I wish WEC Aldo was still around. That guy was on a mission to change his life and the lives of his family and he was willing to knockout anyone who got between that. Then he won the belt and became safe.

Halloway certainly leaves opening for counters that Pettis wasn't able to take full advantage of probably due to a mixture of the broken hand and his boxing not being that solid. Aldo should be able to take advantage of those opening. We should see a return of the leg kicks and he will have the grappling advantage.

Max has been on a tear, and he doesn't seem at all intimidated by Aldo. I think Aldo had that Mike Tyson thing going for him for a while, in the sense that people seemed scared of him before they even stepped in the cage with him. Conor didn't give a f*ck, and it seems Max doesn't either. Max also seems to game-plan well, and will know exactly what he is getting into, and be well prepared. Will it be enough? It's hard to tell for me. I wouldn't be surprised if either guy wins at this point.

I wish WEC Aldo was still around. That guy was on a mission to change his life and the lives of his family and he was willing to knockout anyone who got between that. Then he won the belt and became safe.

Like GSP

5ObA_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Yep! Sad but true...

I'm an Aldo fan, but I think Max is the favorite here. He goes for the finish and is more relentless plus he's on a tear. Max by TKO is my guess, but I hope Aldo finds a way to win

Back