Aldo's going to dominate Holloway

Doesnt max have a significant reach advantage? I was thinking the difference would either be max utilizing his jab/reach or aldo staying on the outside hammering him with leg kicks (which he really hasn't used for a while)
Yeah he most likely has a reach advantage, but Aldo fights best when he's defensive, they both do really. But if they both play the patience game I wonder who will engage.

I don't think you know what hypebeast means...

Yeah he most likely has a reach advantage, but Aldo fights best when he's defensive, they both do really. But if they both play the patience game I wonder who will engage.
Id guess max would engage first just with nervous/excitement of his first title fight but if he can get in aldos head with this Waldo thing and get him to fight emotional you never know

I'm all for Holloway. He's improved so much, he's young, he's hungry, and he's on a roll. I can't wait for a potential rematch between him and McGregor. I'm a big McGregor fan but I'll probably cheer for Holloway if that fight ever happens.​

Aldo has a 1 inch reach advantage and it doesn't matter that much

Aldo's greater lowkicking ability seems like it could limit any advantage from Holloway's longer legs as well.

Again I think the big difference compared to Pettis(well besides Aldo having more heart than him post RDA beating) is that Aldo has MUCH better counter boxing. Pettis has always been a bit weak when it comes to punishing people who try and close the distance with him where as Aldo has an excellent jab that I think Max will be wearing a lot if he tries to push forward the way he did at the weekend.

His biggest hope for me would be that maybe he can test Aldo's cardio but that doesn't actually seem like as big an issue as it was in his earlier UFC run.

I got Holloway, but I think it will be a close fight and there won't be a finish, it will be a decision but Holloway will do a little more I think.

Holloway showed more excitement, and tenacity in the last ten seconds of the lamas fight, then Aldo has shown in his entire UFC career

Apparently you were in the nutsack when Aldo vs Mendes 2 happened.

I hope Holloway wins just so aldo moves up for some fresh match ups of have zero interest in lamas 2 Edgar 3 Mendes 3 etc
He's saying he is moving up after Halloway. There's nothing for him at FW I agree.

Doesnt max have a significant reach advantage? I was thinking the difference would either be max utilizing his jab/reach or aldo staying on the outside hammering him with leg kicks (which he really hasn't used for a while)
Aldo has the longer reach. I think we all expect the return of leg kicks without the threat of a TD to stop Aldo throwing them.

in every way imaginable. Another hype beast killed.
Holloway's hype is overhyped. Which is to say, he doesn't have nearly as much hype as he deserves with his win streak and some of the scalps he's taken recently.

Well max will have plenty of time to prepare. By the time time the fight gets here, Aldo will have pulled out at least once. I'm almost certain by the time Conor comes back from his 10 month break, he'll still have more fights then Aldo since the last time they fought.
Well Max is the one saying he won't be ready y February now.

He's saying he is moving up after Halloway. There's nothing for him at FW I agree.
That's good wasn't sure if it was just a thought or something he was really gonna do alot of great potential match ups as well as the Conor rematch

Aldo has the longer reach. I think we all expect the return of leg kicks without the threat of a TD to stop Aldo throwing them.

Oh something about Max's lanky build made me think he had a bigger reach. I hope aldo throws the leg kicks and throws them alot it there devastating and are a proven game changer

Losing to Aldo doesn't mean that he was all hype. I think Aldo will win, but who cares?

Holloway is 25 years old. That's around the age that GSP was when he was a coveted prospect losing to Hughes who was the WW GOAT at the time. We know how things went after that. Holloway could lose this fight convincingly and go on to be an all-timer.

this is going to look like barao v dillishaw all over again.

I think people are going to go nuts when max wins, but im not going to surprised in the least. the division has evolved where aldo has stayed stagnant. the days of aldo, mendez, and frankie edgar are gone.

hype, really TS hype? Sage was hype. You need to read a dictionary.

Back