Aldo's going to dominate Holloway

I_think_you_d_be_surprised_tees_are_available_NOW_only_www_theFighterandtheKidShop_com_Brendan_Schaub_Instagram_Po-82248.jpg

But for real... This is one of those fights that is going to be reeeeeally interesting & good. Max has established himself to the point where he isn't one of the past guy's that Aldo fought where everyone had a bunch of confidence Aldo was taking it. No doubt in my mind it will be competitive if not Aldo's toughest fight. This is a great match up & we could see an upset.
It's gonna be exciting, but Jose is better than Max everywhere. Decision Aldo.

Yes, enough said about whether I prefer technical brilliance over sloppy technique.

Oh please. You don't know what you're talking about.

Your username is "Nate Diaz is my life" and you joined on the day of UFC 196. I doubt you knew who Nate Diaz was the day before.

I think you're just too cool to like anyone who is popular, thats why Nate Diax is your life, he beat a popular guy, and why you're too cool to like Max.

I bet you liked a lot of local bands' early stuff, you know, before they sold out and went commercial, right?

Oh please. You don't know what you're talking about.

Your username is "Nate Diaz is my life" and you joined on the day of UFC 196. I doubt you knew who Nate Diaz was the day before.

I think you're just too cool to like anyone who is popular, thats why Nate Diax is your life, he beat a popular guy, and why you're too cool to like Max.

I bet you liked a lot of local bands' early stuff, you know, before they sold out and went commercial, right?
>white belt
<36>

It's a very tough fight for Holloway Aldo is no joke. He needs to use his reach and footwork and unload a lot of volume. We forgot about Aldo's tendency to slow down in the fifth round and that's mainly because he's gotten better at slowing down the pace of the fight. Holloway needs to make this a fast pace fight and only then I can see him winning a decision.

I just hope the same Aldo that fought Frankie last time shows up. Confident, calm and at the top of his game, none of this mind games stuff. Then it should be a great fight.

I think he will, and as an Aldo fan I hope he will, but considering that Edgar is probably my favourite fighter, I won't be sad if Aldo loses that belt.

Doesnt max have a significant reach advantage? I was thinking the difference would either be max utilizing his jab/reach or aldo staying on the outside hammering him with leg kicks (which he really hasn't used for a while)

Aldo doesn't kick against opponents who possess the threat of the takedown like Edgar, Mendes, or Lamas; He didn't kick Conor because well, 13 seconds;and he was kicking Korean zombie, but he broke his foot on one of those kicks. If he's healthy, then fully expect him to kick Max's leg's because No way in hell does Max present any takedown threat whatsoever to Aldo.

Last edited:
Aldo's greater lowkicking ability seems like it could limit any advantage from Holloway's longer legs as well.

Again I think the big difference compared to Pettis(well besides Aldo having more heart than him post RDA beating) is that Aldo has MUCH better counter boxing. Pettis has always been a bit weak when it comes to punishing people who try and close the distance with him where as Aldo has an excellent jab that I think Max will be wearing a lot if he tries to push forward the way he did at the weekend.

His biggest hope for me would be that maybe he can test Aldo's cardio but that doesn't actually seem like as big an issue as it was in his earlier UFC run.

Another big difference between Aldo and pettis is that Aldo has good footwork and can cut off the octagon, unlike Pettis who was lead around in circles by Max.

Back