Aldo to help Penn prepare for Edgar (source)

Seems strange on Aldo's part given that BJ is a former champ and now in the same division as him.

Last edited:
If BJ trains a full camp at Nova Uniao I can die a happy man. Win or lose as long as he gives it his all.

Nova Uniao is the link

Seems strange on Aldo's part given that BJ is a former champ and now in the same division as him.

You underestimate the Brazillian love of BJ Penn. First American to win their mundials. He gets mad respect there.

If BJ trains a full camp at Nova Uniao I can die a happy man. Win or lose as long as he gives it his all.

Article says that Pederneiras was invited to be coaching BJ's camp, in Hilo it seems. Aldo and Barao will be working as head trainers at Nova Uniao in his absense.

fuck man I'm excited but only so much.

nothing against NU, but I feel BJ needs someone to push him extra hard - he should do a hybrid camp with NU & Mike Passenier

Well BJ does often have an excuse for his losses...

Article says that Pederneiras was invited to be coaching BJ's camp, in Hilo it seems. Aldo and Barao will be working as head trainers at Nova Uniao in his absense.

Pederneiras wants Penn to train with Aldo at Nova Uniao for his upcoming bout and, according to the coach, the former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion will train for his next fight in Rio de Janeiro.

Pederneiras is going to help be a coach on TUF.

a reunion with Charuto & BJ

Pederneiras wants Penn to train with Aldo at Nova Uniao for his upcoming bout and, according to the coach, the former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion will train for his next fight in Rio de Janeiro.

What exactly does this mean then? Are they having separate camps?

"Besides my family, I spoke with some of my older students before taking this decision," he said. "They will be responsible for the training, keeping me updated with videos."

Pederneiras also says that he was invited to be one of the trainers of Team Penn. So he's invited to his own home? :)

also would have been glad to see him train in the bay area at AKA or even caesar's (if caesar didnt taunt him and close that option) - as you say, i just want to see him give it his all

Pederneiras also says that he was invited to be one of the trainers of Team Penn. So he's invited to his own home? :)

no he's invited to be one of the coaches on TUF for team penn. It seems like he wants BJ to train in Brazil for the actual fight, but who knows what actually ends up happening.

lol. It's a bit confusing. The first half states that Pederneiras has been invited to be a part of the coaching staff of Penn's team on TUF. The second half seems to be stating that BJ will then go to Brazil to train for Edgar at Nova Uniao.

Back