Aldo to help Penn prepare for Edgar (source)

Wow, that's awesome.
This fight just got more interesting, imo.

Just going by what they are telling us. I have to say i'm half expecting a Tito/Franklin type situation where BJ bows out after the TUF season and someone else fights Frankie.

I could see that, or this fight happening at 155. I'd honestly much rather see Edgar fight KZ, Llamas or Porier instead of fighting Penn agian.

What exactly does this mean then? Are they having separate camps?

Pederneiras also says that he was invited to be one of the trainers of Team Penn. So he's invited to his own home? :)

im asuming by team penn he means on tuf

Not likely. BJ doesn't get finished easily. And Frankie doesn't finish too many fights. Frankie might win a decision again, of course.

BJ Penn has been getting beaten up pretty bad by the likes of Fitch, Diaz and Rory. BJ Penn will gas and Frankie will stop him

seems weird since a bj win will likely earn him a title shot. aldo barely got passed edgar. frankie could have easily stolen a close round and taken the title that night

BJ Penn has been getting beaten up pretty bad by the likes of Fitch, Diaz and Rory. BJ Penn will gas and Frankie will stop him

I can easily see Frankie winning, but finishing BJ? Ridiculous. He's fought dramatically larger, stronger guys with hugely superior finish rates and never even been knocked down. Frankie isn't going to do any real damage with his pitty pat style of speed boxing.

I can easily see Frankie winning, but finishing BJ? Ridiculous. He's fought dramatically larger, stronger guys with hugely superior finish rates and never even been knocked down. Frankie isn't going to do any real damage with his pitty pat style of speed boxing.

Yeah just like Fitch...

Article says that Pederneiras was invited to be coaching BJ's camp, in Hilo it seems. Aldo and Barao will be working as head trainers at Nova Uniao in his absense.

Not what I read, though I agree details were murky:

Per MMAfighting

Pederneiras wants Penn to train with Aldo at Nova Uniao for his upcoming bout and, according to the coach, the former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion will train for his next fight in Rio de Janeiro.

"We’ve studied Edgar’s game a lot for Aldo’s fight," he said, "so I believe there’s no better place and sparrings better for B.J. to come back in great fashion and motivated."

So BJ to Brazil?

EDIT: I see it's been addressed

Last edited:
finaly a good move on bjs part hes been in the stone ages for a while now

BJ absolutely CANNOT beat Edgar if he doesn't leave Hawaii.

What if BJ keeps winning at 145 and works his way to title shot? Will Aldo be at 155 by then? Didn't Renan Barao say he would go to 145 when Aldo goes to 155?

Back