Aldo to help Penn prepare for Edgar (source)

Article says that Pederneiras was invited to be coaching BJ's camp, in Hilo it seems. Aldo and Barao will be working as head trainers at Nova Uniao in his absense.

Wow, great to hear BJ will have someone who will work him like a dog. Tired of his "I didn't train hard enough" excuses. Hope we really see a motivated BJ.

lol. It's a bit confusing. The first half states that Pederneiras has been invited to be a part of the coaching staff of Penn's team on TUF. The second half is then stating that BJ will then go to Brazil to train for Edgar at Nova Uniao.
Yeah, i get the big picture now. That's what you get for skipping straight to the quotes in the article. :icon_lol:

Still not necessarily sure what Aldo gets from this, maybe he just doesn't see BJ as threat anymore at this point his career.

oh man i hope he stays for a full camp, hopefully he doesn't leave early.

lol. It's a bit confusing. The first half states that Pederneiras has been invited to be a part of the coaching staff of Penn's team on TUF. The second half seems to be stating that BJ will then go to Brazil to train for Edgar at Nova Uniao.

That's what I got from the article.

That Pederneiras will be helping out with both.

lol. It's a bit confusing. The first half states that Pederneiras has been invited to be a part of the coaching staff of Penn's team on TUF. The second half seems to be stating that BJ will then go to Brazil to train for Edgar at Nova Uniao.

not really, Pederneiras is gonna be one of the coaches for TUF, i dunno if its guest coach or full time staff. he mentioned that he spoke with his students about this, which is why i think it'll be for the full time coaching staff because he insinuated he would be gone long enough.

And BJ will be training with Aldo for his actual fight against frankie edgar.

Doubt this will do a whole lot for him. Fucking christ he should have been training with guys like this for the last 6-7 years instead of hanging out with his yes men crew

If BJ trains a full camp at Nova Uniao I can die a happy man. Win or lose as long as he gives it his all.

If BJ has a full camp at Nova Uniao I will be really excited for this fight and not just meh.. fun to see BJ fight again but not having any real hope for success.

This is amazing news. Fan of both bj and frankie but a much bigger penn fan. We might be seeing the best penn weve ever seen. So stoked for this fight

My god, I hope this happens!!

Seems strange on Aldo's part given that BJ is a former champ and now in the same division as him.

This fight has about as much chance of happening as Liddell/Ortiz 3, at least at 145 anyway. BJ didn't want to cut to 155 anymore, suddenly he's going to cut 10 pounds past that? Yeah right.

This fight has about as much chance of happening as Liddell/Ortiz 3, at least at 145 anyway. BJ didn't want to cut to 155 anymore, suddenly he's going to cut 10 pounds past that? Yeah right.

Just going by what they are telling us. I have to say i'm half expecting a Tito/Franklin type situation where BJ bows out after the TUF season and someone else fights Frankie, maybe Faber or Mendes or something.

Establishing friendships are we?

If BJ makes a full camp at Nova Uniao I favor him against Edgar.

Back