Aldo/Holloway EARLY PPV numbers ...

He did with Conor for sure
The DJ thing was a rare instance that he asked for.
Plus a big part of the DJ contract was they were going to focus putting him on Fox instead. The heavily promoted him (some on here refuse to acknowledge that) & he drew horribly on free TV in the states.
They gave him a raise after not drawing on PPV & invested along with Fox in promoting him & it did not work.
I heard nothing about Aldo going that route so I would think he gets PPV, but you might be right.
they heavily promoted him where?

I know that he said on his "letter" or whatever complaining about not having tweets about him (or was it facebook posts?), but not sure if I would agree that he was heavily promoted. I know that he himself couldn't give a fuck about promoting himself, but not sure about the UFC "heavily" promoting him

In my experience, it is the people who have plenty going on in their lives who are curious about this type of stuff. When you've actually had a job doing something other than flipping burgers, then business tends to interest you.

@FrankieNYC is always an interesting poster imo, and he tends to know his shit.

I'll let you get back to it champ. :)
G19aglbPefkyI.gif

Best Female Poster on Sherdog hands down.

Thanks
Its funny bc it was in the June 7th newsletter that I forgot to read (busy week) but someone asked me in another thread & I found it & copy/paste

@Hardkore did you figure out who the troll is yet?
You had dealings with him in May (hint) ;)

Meh I don't bother anymore. Maybe its my decrepitude, but I told myself I will only respond to friends, good sherdoggers, or threads or posts I find interesting from now on.

Max has done things right.

He deflects questions about Conor without sounding bitter or hung up on that loss from 4 years ago.

He was the first guy to actively condemn asking for a money fight, and instead become your own.

His talk before the Aldo fight wasn't even very cutthroat, he almost seemed like a kid getting to the big show.

And then, he put on a star making, grown man performance and became only the 3rd man in company history to hold the gold at 145.

He did it with savvy and positivity.

I'm glad it did above average numbers.

Maybe these guys who only bitch about money and special treatment should try acting grateful and enthusiastic instead. Works for Conor, works for Max.

Good shit Frankie
it's about acting gracefully, but about drawing enough attention so that the casuals gets interested on you enough for them to buy PPVs and watch you on free TV

290 thousand for DC/AJ that is awful. Amazing the UFC gave GSP shit about a new deal. Every time he fought you had 700 thousand easy, and usually more..

True, but we don't know how much GSP is asking for of course. And I wonder if streaming is more prolific now than it was a few years ago when GSP last fought?

Meh I don't bother anymore. Maybe its my decrepitude, but I told myself I will only respond to friends, good sherdoggers, or threads or posts I find interesting from now on.

Good for you. You used to enjoy taking the "bait", but now you look it closer to my view.
Plenty of good members on here if you ignore the trolls.

Seems like 300K is the rough baseline. Only Conor and a few others change that. I don't even know if guys like Aldo, JDS, DC etc make the difference in the 50K that you see sales fluctuate by or if it's just things not to do with UFC ie, other shows on at the time, current events, time of year etc.

Great info as always @FrankieNYC

Seems like 300K is the rough baseline. Only Conor and a few others change that. I don't even know if guys like Aldo, JDS, DC etc make the difference in the 50K that you see sales fluctuate by or if it's just things not to do with UFC ie, other shows on at the time, current events, time of year etc.

Great info as always @FrankieNYC

You got it man

But Aldo's draw (pre Conor) was less.
His two main events prior to Conor did 180k & that was during a better time for PPV.
That was the point of my post (outside of the raw data).
In the past 6 months, this PPV was the only one to go in a positive direction PPV wise.
Weird, I would have thought Stipe/JDS would have

He's a dave meltzer wannabe or actually dave himself

And he's a cry baby that has me on block i think because i called him out on some of his bs

Meltzer also sucks
And is full of shit

Well, for what is worth, you ARE one of the worst posters of this site, by a fair margin.

Well, for what is worth, you ARE one of the worst posters of this site, by a fair margin.

Holy crap.
I looked to see wth you were talking about & all this time when I saw people saying "UL is an idiot", I thought it was abbreviated for something (like TS)
I had no idea it was a member lol
Figures he would bond with the troll that gets banned monthly

But it seems like a lot agree & I guess whenever I put him on ignore was smart.

He thinks I might be Dave Meltzer? Why because I copy/paste from his newsletter? What a nitwit.

Ah Sherdog, you are too funny at times

Back