Aldo/Holloway EARLY PPV numbers ...

Who cares, imagine having so little in your life that you research this shit lol

He's interested in the financials and the analytics of the sport. Don't read the thread if the PPV buys don't interest your feeble brain.

He's a dave meltzer wannabe or actually dave himself

And he's a cry baby that has me on block i think because i called him out on some of his bs

Meltzer also sucks
And is full of shit

What happened to you? You used to ok, now you're just a miserable piece of shit.

Who cares, imagine having so little in your life that you research this shit lol
In my experience, it is the people who have plenty going on in their lives who are curious about this type of stuff. When you've actually had a job doing something other than flipping burgers, then business tends to interest you.

@FrankieNYC is always an interesting poster imo, and he tends to know his shit.

I'll let you get back to it champ. :)
G19aglbPefkyI.gif

You probably don't have that much to do either if you actually clicked on a thread that doesn't interest you just to write this crap.

Max has done things right.

He deflects questions about Conor without sounding bitter or hung up on that loss from 4 years ago.

He was the first guy to actively condemn asking for a money fight, and instead become your own.

His talk before the Aldo fight wasn't even very cutthroat, he almost seemed like a kid getting to the big show.

And then, he put on a star making, grown man performance and became only the 3rd man in company history to hold the gold at 145.

He did it with savvy and positivity.

I'm glad it did above average numbers.

Maybe these guys who only bitch about money and special treatment should try acting grateful and enthusiastic instead. Works for Conor, works for Max.

Good shit Frankie

So 250-300k is considered a strong performance for an Aldo PPV...?

oh lord..

150k of that was probably McGregor fans who recognised Aldo from the world tour

He's interested in the financials and the analytics of the sport. Don't read the thread if the PPV buys don't interest your feeble brain.

In my experience, it is the people who have plenty going on in their lives who are curious about this type of stuff. When you've actually had a job doing something other than flipping burgers, then business tends to interest you.

@FrankieNYC is always an interesting poster imo, and he tends to know his shit.

I'll let you get back to it champ. :)
G19aglbPefkyI.gif

Max has done things right.

He deflects questions about Conor without sounding bitter or hung up on that loss from 4 years ago.

He was the first guy to actively condemn asking for a money fight, and instead become your own.

His talk before the Aldo fight wasn't even very cutthroat, he almost seemed like a kid getting to the big show.

And then, he put on a star making, grown man performance and became only the 3rd man in company history to hold the gold at 145.

He did it with savvy and positivity.

I'm glad it did above average numbers.

Maybe these guys who only bitch about money and special treatment should try acting grateful and enthusiastic instead. Works for Conor, works for Max.

Good shit Frankie

Thanks
Its funny bc it was in the June 7th newsletter that I forgot to read (busy week) but someone asked me in another thread & I found it & copy/paste

@Hardkore did you figure out who the troll is yet?
You had dealings with him in May (hint) ;)

I find it hilarious that they give DJ shit for selling low when a fucking HW title fight and a LHW title fight both sell below 300k.

Maybe DJ is not the problem after all.

He sells less than 50% of those numbers though & had (I think) the second lowest Fox ratings since they started.

Those aren't very good numbers.

Anything under 300,000 and No ppv points for fighters right?

Meltzer whistling past the graveyard on these buys. It's the old "it beat expectations" trick that is used in the business world when raw results blow. Anything under 300k PPV PPV is a loser in the new UFC

Re: Liking business & financials
SD is the only place on the net where a few think that knowledge/interest is a negative lol

But anybody with an iota of intelligence knows that MMA numbers directly effects who gets matched with who & who gets on what card.
Only a complete nitwit doesn't realize that in 2017. I get being a "just bleed" type, but numbers are integral to MMA & why we see the fights we do & when.
IDK if these types follow any other sports, but go to any discussion on MLB, NFL, NBA & you see people discussing players salary & how it correlates to the sport.

Shitty numbers. The UFC has basically lost every single major drawing factor that they had last year. Conor isnt around, Ronda is gone, Brock is gone, Punk presumably wont fight again and there isnt a big landmark 200 type card coming. Its been a quick, brutal turnaround and its surely not what WME envisioned a year ago

Well they surely hope JBJ can pull on 214 but if that can't break 500k panic will ensue

Holloway vs Frankie over 400k with a little under card support

We really celebrating 300k buys now

UFC in a sad state

Back