Aldo/Holloway EARLY PPV numbers ...

He sells less than 50% of those numbers though & had (I think) the second lowest Fox ratings since they started.
But don't you see the negative trend?

If 290k is supposed to be good 100-150k is not a catastrophe.

Blaming this on DJ is missing the point here. They have different problems.

But don't you see the negative trend?

If 290k is supposed to be good 100-150k is not a catastrophe.

Blaming this on DJ is missing the point here. They have different problems.

Nobody said 290k is "good", but better than expected.
Who blamed "this" on DJ & what exactly is/was "this"?
Sorry, but you confused me
This was about Aldo/Holloway doing better than expected, not DJ (who usually does worse than expected).

Whats honestly shocking and concerning is that ufc 211 (one of the best cards on paper in a while and with 2 title fights) did like 300k. Thats pathetic for that quality of a card imo. It just shows that joaana and stipe aren't draws and that title fights don't equal ppv buys. Thats definitely concerning if you're WME imo.

Aldo vs Holloway was a shit card on paper and had one of the worst drawing champs in aldo, yet almost did as much as ufc 211. Thats amazing honestly lol, but all this just shows that there are only a few fighters in the ufc that bring in good buys/views.

WMMA could be a potential gold mine for WME though, great ratings for fox, plenty of attractive young females to market that don't come with a heavy price tag. Its a win win for WME to have more wmma focused cards, and attractive young fighters.

Crazy if this PPV did just as well or better than 211, considering how 211 was praised for being stacked, and 212 was considered bare-bones. Just goes to reiterate:

--Being associated with Conor seems to boost fans' interest in you
--UFC struggling to build next wave of PPV stars
--Perhaps the abundance of fighters/weight classes has made people care less about titles. "Stacking a card" with 2 to 3 title fights doesn't excite people like it used to.

Nobody said 290k is "good", but better than expected.
Who blamed "this" on DJ & what exactly is/was "this"?
Sorry, but you confused me
This was about Aldo/Holloway doing better than expected, not DJ (who usually does worse than expected).
You quoted me on a general statement about DJ connected to the topic.

And the UFC and many fans are definitely blaming DJ. Just look at the shit he is getting. Dana shitting on him.

If the UFC is not capable to sell more than 300k with a HW title fight or a heavily hyped Aldo-Holloway than those numbers are heavily influenced by a current trend. UFC events aren't selling very well currently. Save for Conor cards.

If much more prestiguous fights (supposedly) are not selling very well than it's obvious that FLW title fights are not going to sell well. But DJ's lack of star power is not the primary problem here.

It also indicates that DJ-TJ is far from a money fight. No way this event exceeds 300k with the current trend unless it gets a super stacked main card.

And the UFC and many fans are definitely blaming DJ. Just look at the shit he is getting. Dana shitting on him.

He is the worst drawing champ in UFC, of course he will get crap for not being a draw
lol

But YOU brought DJ into this, not I

Whats honestly shocking and concerning is that ufc 211 (one of the best cards on paper in a while and with 2 title fights) did like 300k. Thats pathetic for that quality of a card imo. It just shows that joaana and stipe aren't draws and that title fights don't equal ppv buys. Thats definitely concerning if you're WME imo.

Aldo vs Holloway was a shit card on paper and had one of the worst drawing champs in aldo, yet almost did as much as ufc 211. Thats amazing honestly lol, but all this just shows that there are only a few fighters in the ufc that bring in good buys/views.

WMMA could be a potential gold mine for WME though, great ratings for fox, plenty of attractive young females to market that don't come with a heavy price tag. Its a win win for WME to have more wmma focused cards, and attractive young fighters.

So UFC becomes rich woman's Invicta? Probably not as far-fetched as you think. Aside from Conor, no male fighter seems to be getting any traction in terms of star power and they are more expensive to maintain.

You quoted me on a general statement about DJ connected to the topic.

If the UFC is not capable to sell more than 300k with a HW title fight or a heavily hyped Aldo-Holloway than those numbers are heavily influenced by a current trend. UFC events aren't selling very well currently. Save for Conor cards.

If much more prestiguous fights (supposedly) are not selling very well than it's obvious that FLW title fights are not going to sell well. But DJ's lack of star power is not the primary problem here.

It also indicates that DJ-TJ is far from a money fight. No way this event exceeds 300k with the current trend unless it gets a super stacked main card.

True. I think UFC 214 will be a great indicator if the UFC has simply lost all 2016 momentum. Anything less than 600 buys will be an indication that UFC is seriously losing steam with the public combined with the declining Fox ratings.

Crazy if this PPV did just as well or better than 211, considering how 211 was praised for being stacked, and 212 was considered bare-bones. Just goes to reiterate:

--Being associated with Conor seems to boost fans' interest in you
--UFC struggling to build next wave of PPV stars
--Perhaps the abundance of fighters/weight classes has made people care less about titles. "Stacking a card" with 2 to 3 title fights doesn't excite people like it used to.

I'm really shocked Stipe/JDS did not do 350k+

Back