Aldo claims all healed, ready to unify title

So.... is this a thread where we get all outraged that Aldo can fight by 9/1/2015 but couldn't at 7/11/2015 and it's obvious proof that he is scared? If so, count me out

Yes, this is what this thread is about. Now go away.

So, maybe his ribs weren't as hurt as was claimed?

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/jose-a...ting-for-ufc-to-schedule-conor-mcgregor-fight

Quack, quack.

I love Conor as much as anyone, even the Rex Kwan Do dude, but rib bruises/fractures crush you. The doctors said I broke mine 2 summers ago, technically I pulled the cartilage that connects my pecs to my ribs, and I couldn't move for a couple of weeks. I sure couldn't cut 25 pounds and have any possible fight after and I weigh a lot more than Aldo so I can't hate on him for that. Overall I am happy this worked out how it did but I was pissed as hell a month ago.

I believe what Dana said is true, the real reason he pulled out was cause he couldnt cut weight.

Thats not a diss on him or anything, he was hurt but I think if he coudl have walked into cage and fought he would have. But trying to cut 25 pounds that week with a hurt side, that would have been not only brutal but he probably couldnt do it. and how bad would it be to lose the title on the scale?

don't be an idiot and believe fucking dana

lol cant believe people still arguing over what type of injury he had to his ribs at this point....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jose-a...c-189-lead-to-wild-speculation-210844567.html

The morning after Aldo's injury, a conference call was held that included Aldo, Pederneiras, White, Davidson, Dr. Marcio Tannure of Brazil and several other UFC senior-level executives.

Davidson had received the report from the radiologist in Brazil who had examined Aldo's MRI and CAT scans.

It read, "There is an irregularity of the left 10th costochondral junction with a radiolucent line on the condral calcification showing minimal edema, suggesting a fracture of the costochondral arch."

The costochondral junction is the area, or junction, where the cartilage that extends from the sternum attaches to the rib. Minimal edema means there was not a great amount of swelling.

"What happens a lot of the time is the cartilage gets calcified from an old injury, from an injury to the ribs," said Davidson, whose full-time job is as an emergency room physician. "When cartilage heals, it heals by calcification. If you get injured in that area again, that calcified cartilage can break and can look like a fracture line.

if Aldo is ready to go then thats great...hopefully we get this fight and it lives up to the hype

Which is the expected time for a bruised rib to be better. Fractured rib would be months.

i work in a orthopaedic veterinary hospital and it takes about 6 weeks for after a bone fracture repair before we are happy to start gradually to increase the amount of activity so he's prob saying he's fine to start training and was is a complete fracture or partial fracture witch would still be painful but heal quicker

Fans used to revile TUF for putting big fights on hold.

Now the 2015 nu-breed retards think that it's totally fine for Conor to parade the interim belt on TUF while the real champ is ready to go.

All good you see because Conor said Aldo is 'broken' and 'running'.. fucking LOL

i work in a orthopaedic veterinary hospital and it takes about 6 weeks for after a bone fracture repair before we are happy to start gradually to increase the amount of activity so he's prob saying he's fine to start training and was is a complete fracture or partial fracture witch would still be painful but heal quicker

Did you see the fracture Aldo posted? It's a serious one, 6 weeks would be possible for the slightest of fractures, not the type he claimed he had. He says he is now 100% better. It was a bruise, which was obvious 6 weeks ago.

Did you see the fracture Aldo posted? It's a serious one, 6 weeks would be possible for the slightest of fractures, not the type he claimed he had. He says he is now 100% better. It was a bruise, which was obvious 6 weeks ago.
I've seen the picture but haven't really looked at it to be honest , i know your prob right about it being a bruised rib but regardless he still would of had a hard time trying to make weight anyway and lets face it no one really wanted to see a half arse Aldo v Conor and I'm impressed that Conor fought with an injured knee that shows true heart and personally i can't wait for this fight , before the fight with mendes i was favouring Aldo by a large margin now I think Conor prob has his number .
I hope Aldo win's though

So you fault him for listening to the opinion of the doctor that examined him?

Yes let us completely disregard the fact every American Doctor gave him a much different diagnosis. I fault him for riding the least likely diagnosis hard intentionally creating confusion.

Yes let us completely disregard the fact every American Doctor gave him a much different diagnosis. I fault him for riding the least likely diagnosis hard intentionally creating confusion.

he had a fractured rib...whats so hard to understand about that? but it wasnt a fracture to the bone, it was a fracture of calcified cartilage....

the pictures were most likely ((as Dana and I think maybe one of the UFC doctors said)) of an old injury, blah blah read the link I posted previously....

He had been getting therapies to help him heal faster than normal, medical technology, its really good now if you can afford it.

Nah, don't waste your money on that platelet rich plasma injection hype.

CBD rich cannabis though has some promise for bone healing, as well as established benefits for general inflammation. Not expensive, and safe, if you live in a state that allows it medically.

Last edited:
Did you see the fracture Aldo posted? It's a serious one, 6 weeks would be possible for the slightest of fractures, not the type he claimed he had.

..your armchair expert guesstimate, based on stuff you read on wikipedia

loook aldo is fkn awesome, but goat will come forward push the pace and eventually ko this cat, pretty simple logic. that straight left will connect and aldo will fold like them all

Fans used to revile TUF for putting big fights on hold.

Now the 2015 nu-breed retards think that it's totally fine for Conor to parade the interim belt on TUF while the real champ is ready to go.

All good you see because Conor said Aldo is 'broken' and 'running'.. fucking LOL

TUF not only puts fights on hold, but then guys often get injured on top of that. Seriously, the number of TUF coaches' fights that were cancelled due to injuries is outrageous.

he had a fractured rib...whats so hard to understand about that? but it wasnt a fracture to the bone, it was a fracture of calcified cartilage....

the pictures were most likely ((as Dana and I think maybe one of the UFC doctors said)) of an old injury, blah blah read the link I posted previously....

Because there was no fracture of calcified cartilage. There was a contusion. Why do you people need to make there be a fracture and look for any way possible to force a fracture that does not exist?

There was no fracture. Aldo still could not fight.

..your armchair expert guesstimate, based on stuff you read on wikipedia

Or the fact I work in healthcare. It's hilarious how when Aldo released the image every nuthugger said wow that injury is so severe .. and now that he is healed up those same nuthuggers say it was a very minor fracture and only needed the most minimal time to heal.

3 actual Doctors diagnosed it as a bruise and explained why .. but someone on Reddit who claims to be a med student said it looked like a fracture ... so fracture it is, War Aldo right?

Back