Alan Jouban on Mike Perry: "Daddy Doesn't Tolerate Bullies"

Alan is a stand-up guy. Truely one of the good people in this world, and a feel good story for other hard working men and women to aspire to be...

...which is why I was rooting for Mike Perry. MMA needs more bad boys at the top. Too many good 2 shoes make for a boring sport filled with people that meatheads like myself cant relate to. Like the good old days when Phil Baroni, Lee Murray and Hermes Franca were running the helm. Those were exciting times and MMA needs to get back to that.

The best insult from Jouban is "I never shot a takedown in my life but I took him down 3 times in this fight".

Perry's TDD is exposed and its going to go down from here

No need for a condit 4.0, the joubass you saw was just Condit 2.0 aka running condit

2mzz9nd.jpg

Except Perry is so terrible with his footwork that Jouban never actually had to run. Just circle.

Respect to Jouban, fought the perfect fight and never got into a brawl with Platinum, dude won't eve be champ but is a legit gatekeeper to the top 15 at WW.

how is he 35 wtf... god tier genes.

LOL I just cracked up after reading the thread title again

"daddy doesn't tolerate bullies"

dude is so corny

grow up?

oh wait, you can't, because you're a retarded mcduck fanboy
Dude you can't talk shit prior to a fight and then get pissed when someone talks shit back afterward. Either talk shit and expect it back or don't talk shit.

He just made a fan out of me. Class wins
Yeah, how can you hate a guy that chokes up while talking about his son? He is certainly really well rounded, is a true mixed martial artist and a real competitor...kinda like a GSP lite or Rockhold of 170.

But before we start with this GOATban Bless business, how does he get by guys like Maia, Tyron, Wonderboy, Larkin etc? He can certainly be a fun guy to root for but I just have a hard time seeing him be top 5 in such a super stacked division.

Dude you can't talk shit prior to a fight and then get pissed when someone talks shit back afterward. Either talk shit and expect it back or don't talk shit.
I didn't talk shit

Wow, I thought going into this fight Joubrahma was scared and gotten to (according to Platz nithuggers), instead we saw a calculated, intelligent Mixed Martial Artist who took what was handed to him on a Plantinum platter and run with it. This sport is called MMA not Mixed Martial Brawling you guys.
being shook is what made him fight like that instead of putting on a war for the JBG.

sure he dropped Perry twice but that's about it. If it had been Jouban vs Jouban that night, there probably wouldn't have been a single strike landed in 3 rounds.

Hahahahahahahaha The Platinum train is empty hahahahahaha Love it.

Everything I predicted and hoped for happened on this card. The "classy models trying to support thier familys" won.

I would like to share UFC welterweight fighter Alan Jouban's post fight interview after his big win over Mike Perry Saturday night. Jouban, a brilliant example of a true martial-artist in and outside of the cage, gave a classy assessment of his successful performance, but what really struck me in particular were his words regarding Perry's antics outside of the cage, and his motivations for competing.

He said his son asked him after the weigh-ins "Dad why'd you try to kick that guy?" Jouban explained to his son, "Daddy doesn't tolerate bullies."

He went on to say his coach reminded him of that going in. "I just didn't want to let my son down. I wanted to show him what I tell him, I believe in it. (It wasn't) a personal vendetta against Mike, but moreso I wanted to show my family, my loved ones I stand for what I believe in."

I'm going to be looking out for his next fight for sure. UFC! He deserves a greater challenge. This is a guy I'm a fan of, and I can't wait for his next fight.

You should look for his appearances on Adam Hunter's MMA Roasted.
He is a VERY smart guy! Great common sense and down to earth guy.

I was rooting for him, and very glad he won!

OP, having a white belt since april 2016, not even 50 posts and saying that Jouban is fake made me think that he's the fake one.

You're chasing me too much man. Nice gif btw.
hehe I was curious what you were talking about

I didn't click the quote to be taken back to page 1 ;) and yeah weird looking account

Back