Alan Jouban on Mike Perry: "Daddy Doesn't Tolerate Bullies"

James Baller

Black Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I would like to share UFC welterweight fighter Alan Jouban's post fight interview after his big win over Mike Perry Saturday night. Jouban, a brilliant example of a true martial-artist in and outside of the cage, gave a classy assessment of his successful performance, but what really struck me in particular were his words regarding Perry's antics outside of the cage, and his motivations for competing.

He said his son asked him after the weigh-ins "Dad why'd you try to kick that guy?" Jouban explained to his son, "Daddy doesn't tolerate bullies."

He went on to say his coach reminded him of that going in. "I just didn't want to let my son down. I wanted to show him what I tell him, I believe in it. (It wasn't) a personal vendetta against Mike, but moreso I wanted to show my family, my loved ones I stand for what I believe in."

I'm going to be looking out for his next fight for sure. UFC! He deserves a greater challenge. This is a guy I'm a fan of, and I can't wait for his next fight.

fair enough

can't hate jouban, seems to be a nice guy, really exciting fighter. and platinum I think was a bit underwhelming, but still young and can definitely improve

It's refreshing to see that kind of mentality, especially in the UFC.

Was worried that Jouban was going to revert to his brawling once he got clipped but he stayed composed and used his superior striking arsenal.

A true gentleman, great fighter, respectful guy, role model, and easy on the eyes. What more can you ask for. Fuck that ex convict.

fair enough

can't hate jouban, seems to be a nice guy, really exciting fighter. and platinum I think was a bit underwhelming, but still young and can definitely improve

Weren't you going to bump my thread when Platinum won?

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

Go bump it now

9mhtlVo.gif

Hahahahahahahaha The Platinum train is empty hahahahahaha Love it.

did Alan apply lipstick right after the fight was over? glossy lips...

Alan "Clark Kent" Jouban...

Only wish he would have slept Perry... But the outclassing was nice, too.

Anyone who derails the Aluminum hype train is alright in my book.

Back