Crime Ahmaud Arbery Shooting v4 (autopsy report)

And that link identifies that Arbery was, in fact, the black man with the curly hair who concerned him, that he referred to in his police call several weeks later (in November) as the person who he believed stole items a few weeks earlier at the end of October-- as noted in my post #1773 above:

Reprint of that from above.

Video showing Arbery looking around and in the boat, presumably after this incident, was posted in previous versions of this thread. This is what concerned English because clearly his presumption at the time was that Arbery was the man responsible.

Where in this is the underlined part? I never disputed the fact that Arbery was on his property. I disputed the fact that English ever stated Arbery was the one he thought stole the items or that he changed his story after the case blew up, because we know from police statements at the time that he didn't think that. Nothing in your post suggests that he said that he thought Arbery did it. First quote he's just saying he has a "trespasser" (because he did), the second quote mentions the theft when he was calling the police on a white couple, not Arbery. That white couple was who he identified to police as his guess on who stole the things from his boat because they had a bag with them when they were on his property. All the calls about Arbery mention him as a trespasser. So again, where did he refer to Arbery as his suspect for the theft?

Where in this is the underlined part? I never disputed the fact that Arbery was on his property. I disputed the fact that English ever stated Arbery was the one he thought stole the items or that he changed his story after the case blew up, because we know from police statements at the time that he didn't think that. Nothing in your post suggests that he said that he thought Arbery did it. First quote he's just saying he has a "trespasser" (because he did), the second quote mentions the theft when he was calling the police on a white couple, not Arbery. That white couple was who he identified to police as his guess on who stole the things from his boat because they had a bag with them when they were on his property. All the calls about Arbery mention him as a trespasser. So again, where did he refer to Arbery as his suspect for the theft?
I said the guy changed his story. He hasn't been consistent. You have the undeniable line drawn here demonstrating that.

It isn't pertinent to the conviction, but just because you don't like it, won't make it any less true.

I said the guy changed his story. He hasn't been consistent. You have the undeniable line drawn here demonstrating that.

It isn't pertinent to the conviction, but just because you don't like it, won't make it any less true.

Where has he changed his story? I asked you for a link because what you posted doesn't show that. Yes, he called the police on Arbery. But you've shown nothing that implies he thought Arbery stole the items that were stolen from his boat, and we have evidence (police statements) from before the case blew up that shows he didn't think that.

This isn't a matter of me not liking it. Like you said, it's not pertinent to the conviction at all, it's irrelevant. But if you're so confident in this opinion that you're willing to say a statement to the contrary that was backed up by police statements is bullshit, then prove it. You haven't done that yet. You're accusing the guy of changing his story but can't show where he did it. I've laid out in my posts why.

Last edited:
It was posted in earlier versions of this thread. I presume you are a johnny-come-lately.
Not too interested in what sherdog has to say. I watched the trial an heard the actual evidence.

Travis McMichael's attorney making a laughable speech to the court.

Travis McMichael's attorney making a laughable speech to the court.

Wow!
Ahumad's Dad said "I wish it were me they had killed."

As a Father myself...

{<redford}

That is the only answer. The natural order has been upset, the father buries the son and it was 100% avoidable.

I would've broken down on the stand.

3 men convicted in Ahmaud Arbery's murder to be sentenced
They also have been indicted on federal hate crime charges.
By Kiara Alfonseca and Bill Hutchinson | January 7, 2022

The three men convicted of killing Ahmaud Arbery are set to be sentenced Friday.

A Georgia jury in November, after deliberating for about 11 hours, convicted the three white men of chasing and fatally shooting Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man who was out on a Sunday jog in February 2020.

Travis McMichael, 35, delivered the deadly shot and was convicted on all nine charges: malice murder, four counts of felony murder, aggravated assault with a shotgun, aggravated assault with a pickup truck, false imprisonment and criminal intent to commit a felony.

His father, Gregory McMichael, 65, a former Georgia police officer, was found not guilty of malice murder but was convicted on the other charges, including the felony murder counts.

The McMichaels' neighbor, William "Roddie" Bryan, 53, was found guilty of three felony murder counts as well as charges of aggravated assault with his pickup truck, false imprisonment and criminal intent to commit a felony.

In the courtroom, Arbery's father Marcus Arbery reflected on the loss of his son.

"The man who killed my son has been sitting in this courtroom, every single day, next to his father," said Marcus. "I'll never get that chance, to sit next to my son ever again, not at the table, not at a holiday."

Arbery's sister, Jasmine, remembered Arbery as a "big personality."

"Ahmaud had dark skin that glistens in the son," she said. "He had curly hair and would often like to twist it. Ahmaud had a broad nose and the color of his eyes was real, with melanin. He was tall with an athletic build and enjoyed running. Ahmaud had an appreciation for being outdoors."

She added: "These are the qualities that made these men assume that Amaud was a dangerous criminal and chase him with guns. To me, those qualities reflect a young man full of life and energy who look like me and the people I love."

His mother Wanda Cooper-Jones began her statement to court with a message to her son, Arbery.

"This verdict doesn't bring you back," she said. "But it does help bring closure to this very difficult chapter of my life. I made a promise to you, I'll lay you to rest. I told you I love you and someday, somehow I would get you justice. Son, I love you as much today as I did the day that you were born. Raising you was the honor of my life and I'm very proud of you."

All three men had pleaded not guilty to the nine-count state indictment. Each faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

The three men also have been indicted on federal hate crime charges, and all have pleaded not guilty. Jury selection for that trial is set to begin Feb. 7.

Civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump, who is representing Arbery's family, spoke in a press conference before the sentencing, calling the guilty verdict "an awakening in America."

"What we pray for is that this is a new, precedent in America that harkens back to the words written in 1776 when we say we hold these truths, that all men are created equally," Crump said. "We pray that we see that same spirit in a sentence of these killers, this lynch mob. We want to make sure that they don't get a slap on the wrist."

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/men-convicted-ahmaud-arberys-murder-sentenced/story?id=82112192

Travis McMichael gets "Life without the possibility of parole +20 years."

Greg McMichael gets "Life without the possibility of parole +20 years."

Roddy Bryant gets "Life with the possibility of parole." He'll be in his 80's when he's eligible.

All 3 of Ahmaud Arbery's convicted killers get sentenced to life in prison (msn.com)

Well that's good to see. Atleast they received decent sentences including the guy who thought it was ok to just sit back and film once things had gone way too far.

It's a bad ruling. But we don't live in the era of justice, we live in the era of "social justice," which is something completely different

It's not justice that murderers have to go to prison?
But we aren't talking about murderers.

We are talking about a guy that had to shoot once Ahmaud charged him and grabbed his gun after Ahmaud ( a previous thief) was caught trespassing in another person's house.

And 2 guys never pulled a trigger

We are talking about a guy that had to shoot once Ahmaud charged him and grabbed his gun after Ahmaud was tresspassing in another person's house.
He only had to shoot because he started the confrontation.

You don't get to chase someone, corner him and threaten him and then claim self defence. The only one defending himself was Arbery. His life was in danger, due to the actions of these guys. They had no legal grounds to chase him.

He only had to shoot because he started the confrontation.

You don't get to chase someone, corner him and threaten him and then claim self defence. The only one defending himself was Arbery. His life was in danger, due to the actions of these guys. They had no legal grounds to chase him.
Ahmaud just had to stop and explain why he was trespassing in a house that was not his.

Ahmaud grabbing the gun is why he is dead today

We are talking about a guy that had to shoot once Ahmaud charged him and grabbed his gun after Ahmaud was tresspassing in another person's house.

Except we don't know that he was doing anything that day and neither did they (they admitted this to the police that day, they didn't witness him do anything other than run past their house) and you're leaving out context that Arbery only went for the gun after the McMichaels chased him for 5 minutes, cornered him, and threatened that if he didn't stop running they'd blow his fucking head off. They were threatening his life and he was defending himself, and they shot him for it.

You suspecting somebody of a crime that you, by your admission, didn't even witness them commit doesn't give you the authority to chase them with a gun and threaten their life. The fact that they killed him during the confrontation makes it a murder. They're murderers.

Back